• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS mY NEW SYSYTEm WORTHY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustin315

i got a asus m5a97 board
wd cavair 500 gb hd 7200 rpm
8 gb corsair vengence
fx 4100 processor
asus direct cu gtx 550ti gpu
750 watt ultra psu
think its enuff to play newer games its almost completly built any input guys ?

The system is pretty decent, you may not be able to completely max out everything, but most everything should be playable at medium+ settings (depending on the resolution that you plan to run at)

The system is pretty decent, you may not be able to completely max out everything, but most everything should be playable at medium+ settings (depending on the resolution that you plan to run at)

+ 1 :)

Are you going with the stock CPU cooler? That would be the area I challenge you to upgrade. What case are you going with?

i got a cooler master elite 430 mid tower im building it all in front 120 mm fan and rear same fan.

I like that case but keep in mind it's a little too skinny to accommodate the tower-style coolers with 120mm fans. When and if you get to the point of wanting to upgrade your CPU cooler you should limit yourself to looking at 92mm fan based coolers unless you go with water.

kk sounds like im doing well for a start out budget rigg so thnx for input guys

The thing I like about the CM Elite 430 is that it has great ventilation potential. Mesh panels and lots of places for fans. I would encourage you to install fans in the front, back and side top panels as you can afford. Because there are so many fan mounts you can get away with quiet ones.

Concerning SLI video setup with dual cards that you are planning, you might want to research that. One killer video card is better than two mid range cards in SLI or Crossfire. SLI and Crossfire doesn't start to pay dividends until you get up to very large displays at very high res and highest game detail. That's my understanding.

Last edited:
You'd also be limited in SLI on that board if it even supports it. The PCIe lanes are x16 and x4.

You'd also be limited in SLI on that board if it even supports it. The PCIe lanes are x16 and x4.

Thats right, and don't think it supports it at all, unfortunately.

1x higher GPU is better than 2x lower end in SLI any day any way...:)

Back