• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First complete build- Loop included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zylith

Registered
I have been putting this pc together for about 6 months now. Piece buy piece- so my wife won't get so mad.
Amd Fx 6300
asus m5a99fx pro r2.0
asus geforce GTX 660 oc edition
Amd 8 gb entertainment series ram
XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit
Raidmax RX-635
2 1 tb HDD 7200 rpm- One WD- one SeaGate
120 gb kingston SSD
3 24" lg led monitors in nvidia surround config

Let me know what you all think. Looking forward to see how far I can push the oc.

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Nice looking setup and water cooling kit.

I would though ask if you game since that GPU won't handle well for gaming in surround. To put it into perspective, if I go in full settings in surround (5760x1080) on my single 780 classified, I will only get around 25-30 FPS in BF4.

Well you could always get another one to add some more juice but which exact GPU is that so you won't run into Vram issues if you do actually game. If you don't game than just skip this post. lol

I do game a bit. But not as much as some- this was a budget build. I plan on selling this system now that I have the loop in it. I hope to make enough money off of it to get a better GPU and water loop.

Looks great Zylith, with that cooling as long ast the CPU cooperates you should be able to get close to 5.0 I've never pushed the 6 core in that board so not sure how it'll react to it. I know for sure that the 8 core on the M5A stops around the 4.6 area because of a lack of power.

It is the Asus GTX 660-dc20-2gd5- I played Ghost and Assassins Creed (all of them) with no problem. tonight I will run Frapps while playing COD and see what my fps are. I don't remember them being very bad

I didn't realize that I need to re size this last image

Attachments

• IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 107
Looks great Zylith, with that cooling as long ast the CPU cooperates you should be able to get close to 5.0 I've never pushed the 6 core in that board so not sure how it'll react to it. I know for sure that the 8 core on the M5A stops around the 4.6 area because of a lack of power.

So far i have gotten it to 4.5 with 1.4 volts (I didn't check to see if I can lower it yet)- but I just started- another problem I run into is my ambient temps. My wife and I keep our house at like 79 degrees- Im going to crank the ac down on my next day off and geek out with the OC to see how high I can get it.

Oh and thanks- I spent about 2 hours on cable management- hoping it would look good.

It looks as if the core is already getting up there at 55c, what have you tested it with ? Is that a load temp?

Good do you have everything cranked up so it's getting lots of air? I would also suggest with the WC set up these things need some air around the VRM section.

Yep. I have 2 230mm fans both set as intake. One in front and one on the side. I think I will get a 120 and put it just above the hdd's. But with me selling the pc. I think ill wait till I start the new build.

It's fine the way it is , I just thought you wanted to squeeze a bit more out of it.

For a phone or tablet? How does it connect to the PC? I think it has to be off. I have never seen all cores at the exact same temp.

It's PC windows gadgets. I used to use that but use a bunch of others to help monitor my rig displayed below.

14676461588_ed934807d4_o.jpg

Last edited:
For a phone or tablet? How does it connect to the PC? I think it has to be off. I have never seen all cores at the exact same temp.

The best part about the gadget is that there is a app that I can monitor my pc from any where. It really helps when I'm testing the oc with prime and I want to step out and want to smoke.

And it displays the socket temp not the cores. So there may be a difference. But just run hardware monitor also.

Nice clean looking rig, I like it!

And thank-you for resizing your pics, a common courtesy that's not too freaking common anymore (even amongst avid forum dwellers)!! :thup:

:welcome: to the forums!

Nice clean looking rig, I like it!

And thank-you for resizing your pics, a common courtesy that's not too freaking common anymore (even amongst avid forum dwellers)!! :thup:

:welcome: to the forums!

Thanks. and your welcome.

The best part about the gadget is that there is a app that I can monitor my pc from any where. It really helps when I'm testing the oc with prime and I want to step out and want to smoke.

And it displays the socket temp not the cores. So there may be a difference. But just run hardware monitor also.

That must be why it says Android. :)

Back