• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Total beginner looking for help taking first OC steps for AMD FX4300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alright i turned it up to 21.5 had a failure on 'worker 4' in a min (didnt notice it for about 5 min and shut rest of test down), also weird while my overdrive logger never dipped below 25c thermal margin, the amd package temp on hwmonitor had a spike to about 64c, mother board cpu and main board temps were same as they have been:

p95 fail.JPG

which one is cpu vcore? is it one of the offsets? i believe my current cpu offset voltage is - 2clicks, and cpu/nb offset is still set so it reads 1.25.

judging by what cpuz calls vcore i assume its the one we currently have set with the - offset, so would raising it 2 clicks actually be setting the offset back to 0??

its currently set in negative offset mode and is set negative 2 clicks so by raise it do you mean set it back to 0 or set it to 4 negative clicks, sorry i just want to be sure i understand correctly.

sorry just want to be sure and getting hung up on +\- mode and raising it lol, so its offset mode sign is - and toggled once so it reads .00625 heres the picture:

offset voltage.JPG

so do you want me to push the + key 2 more times so it goes to 0.01875 , but still with the - offset mode sign?

i can only tap '-' once and it goes to 0 offset, so should i change it to '+' offset mode and hit + once?

Okay did that, i ran p95 for 18 min, we about to run out door to grab late dinner, and i didnt wanna leave it running. no errors no warnings. heres a shot of the temps mid test:

mid test temp capture.JPG

so the current package temp matches the thermal margin good, but again we had random spikes on max temp of package (161 in picture) then 5 min later as i was sitting in front of it it showed 193 for max but i never noticed the 'current' temp jump at all and nothing on overdrive's temp logging indicates that either. should i worry? should i run test for full 30 min when i get home later or was 18 enough to move on?

If you want just core temp readings, try CoreTemp. http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

The more software open, the more you may see false readings. Don't worry.

The AMD OverDrive Margin goes to 70C.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh does this board only have offset? Does it have manual input?

LLC??

I believe i have core temp as well. but was confused by the different readings then after reading some where about AMD processors giving funny heat readings to those software made me put more stock in the readings AMD overdrive provided with the thermal margin(is that correct?).

and like you said if thermal margin is 70c so the mid test picture makes sense since 22.6 thermal margin would round to about 47 degrees that the hwmonitor is showing in that picture for current value but if that max does not equate with the min thermal margin (i think it got down to around 21.5 alittle later in test that pic was taken mid way).

like caddi daddi said i have manual mode /offset mode, and set it to offset mode per caddi daddi's instructions. and also per caddi daddi instruction we set both cpu load line calibration and cpu/nb load line calibration to high.

the only reason we are using offset mode is that is what I prefer to use, there is nothing in the world wrong with manual mode.

im fine to use whatever you guys tell me lol.

so about my post from last night where i bumped up the vcore voltage offset 2 clicks like you said and ran the p95 for 18 min before i had to leave the house with ~46-48c being the temps deduced from thermal margin. should i rerun for the full 30 min or was that good enough? Im on lunch and about to go back to work so if theres any next step suggestions i'll be able to try in about 4-5 hours when i get home.

yes, you want to rerun it the full 30 minutes.

as we go over default voltage temps can increase very quickly.

okay this time worker #3 stopped after 16 min it completed 3 tests in then kept repeating " error:illegal summout possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file restarting test" then said max number of warnings exceeded 0errors, 100 warnings. other workers got to 20 min before i noticed this. should i try rerunning since it got father last night? or are we gonna tweak something first?

Back