• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my powersupply weakened?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feliximo

Registered
I've had a problem where my computer restarts, epecially from heavy load like craving games. I first suspected temps and checked them and dusted of. Then I suspected the GPU but test ran it with furmark on another computer and it ran flawless on Xtremeburn-in in windowed mode. On my computer the restarts happen while windowed mode is on. So now I am thinking of the power supply. Great thing is that my warranty will bring new parts but I need to know what is wrong.

However I am not sure if it really is the powersupply or maybe the motherboard. Is it possible to monitor the voltage with HWmonitor, SpeedFan or other software and compare it to something to see if it is correct? And if that is the case how can I find the correct voltage on each slot (VIN1, CPU VCORE, AVCC, etc)?

My specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Corsair CX 600M, 600W Modular PSU

Intel® LGA1150 Core i7-4790

ASUS LGA1150 B85M-G

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600Mhz 8GB KIT

Gainward GeForce GTX970 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E

Crucial® BX100 250GB 2.5” SSD

Note; I've also done memory checks, sfc scans, reinstalled windows and cleared the computer of infected files.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back