• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my RAM done for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

Got to back to back BSoD's with this error code [1000007e]. Decided to run Memtest and got these weird characters. Ram is at 8-8-8-24 1600 @1.55v Gonna set to default and run it again in a few. I am posting this because I got this error the other day while I was running an OC but my ram was at stock settings. Right now everything but my ram is at stock settings and I still got this error. I looked around a bit and no clear answer for the random characters or the BSoD error. I have a feeling it might be my ram though since both hint at it. Anyone know what the error and or odd characters mean?

Attachments

• IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Change the timings to 7-7-7-21 (all sub-timings on auto) at DDR3-1333 and 1.5v, and use v5.01 of Memtest86+ instead of Memtest.

Last edited:
Here is a little background as to how I got the BSoD with the 1000007e error.

What I was doing was looking at someone's Vine profile when it first happened. I scrolled down pretty far and as I kept loading more content it started to get sluggish until I got a BSoD. Happened about 4 times after that on different websites but in similar ways (running lots of content on chrome). The last time it happened while watching a single video on Youtube so I said enough BS and posted this here.

No need for v5. Set ram to defaults and the characters disappeared. No errors after an hour running v4. Saw on other sites that the 1000007e error is apparently graphics related though. I reinstalled the driver and I will stress the computer as I did before to see if it gives me the BSoD again. Will post results back later.

BSoD again and this time not under very much stress. Anyone know how to lookup BCP codes? I looked at the dmp file and the xml but neither gave any info. The dmp was odd characters and the xml was just a list of hardware and drivers.

Attachments

• 2014-03-02_203454.png
    2014-03-02_203454.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 64
You can only go by the 0x7e STOP error, which relates to videocard drivers, HDD errors, outdated BIOS or device drivers. The BCP codes are randomly generated.

@larry I looked around and it seemed to be a common issue. Manually set ram defaults in uefi and it ran for an hour without the odd characters flooding the screen.

I installed Win Debugging Tool and saw it was caused by atikmdag. Going to try some different drivers. I don't get any BSoD's when gaming but when using Chrome or just on the desktop. It seems really sluggish in everything but games for some reason. Might test my ram overnight tonight. My drive is about 4 years old as well so I will check that last. Any suggestions on how to go about checking my drives?

Run memtest86+ RC5.0. Old version won't work on a new hardware without issues. New memtest also has multithreaded tests.
For Seagate HDD you can download SeaTools for Windows.
I'm not sure what will be best for SanDisk SSD.

Back