• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is sli enabled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine said the same thing in vista when I was running 7600gt's in sli. I ran 3dmark06 and it scored as though it was running in sli. So I figure it must be a bug with vista and gpu-z. If you are concerned about it run 3dmark and then go to the nvidia panel and disable sli, reboot and run 3dmark. My guess is the score will be off the typical 1.7~ times. Its an easy way to tell.

Michael

We have a Q6600 with a single 320mb gts (g80) card here at the shop and it scored 10200 on 3dmark06 so I would expect a second card to come in somewhere around 16-17000. That is on xp pro with 4gb. My other concern looking at your profile is your power supply. I don't think that it can keep up with your system and 2 640mb gts'.

that what i thorght it is one year oldnot been running almost 10hours a day-im running 3dmark agin in Non SLi brb
ps before i reinstalled windows (im useing vista 64bit) i was getting in the high 13k be fore i bought the second card

I have a 8800gt and before I purchase another to SLI I'm going to purchase a 850-1000 watt power supply. The max my system pulls is 300 but it has more to do with the amps that the 12 volt rails will see.

Michael

I lied, I just looked through my notes and it did hit 312 a few weeks ago when I was looping 3dmark. My best score is 9164 on my home pc with a single 8800gt.

There's going to be other things that can contribute to lower scores, like what speed is your ram running at? ie how much bandwidth are you getting. If you running @ 200 you have a lot less than if you are running @ 225. One thing about 3dmark is that the more bandwidth you can squeeze out of your system the higher the number. Honestly the reason I'm running @ 260 (cpu @ 2.6) is because I get a better score there than with the cpu @ 2.8 and the memory @ 240.

That is a nice power supply but the 12v rails are rated @ 19a which means they probably can do like 20-21 amps. You probably can get by with that but I'm by no means a Power Supply guru. Let me look to see what the 12v amp draw is on a g80 640mb gts.

If they are rated to do 19a...I very much doubt that they could do 20-21. The only power supply I've seen give more than their rating is the Corsair HX620. It wasn't by much either ;)

thideras, like I said I'm not a PSU guru by any means. Do you have a recommendation for a power supply?
If that is the issue, the Corsair hx620 will run just about everything out there ;)

For power supply reviews, I turn to either members here (Oklahoma Wolf, RollingThunder and a couple others) or check out www.jonnyguru.com

OW has written a few reviews for JonnyGuru...and JonnyGuru even has an account here at OCF!! :D

What I would do to determine if SLi is enabled is run a single card through 06 with the highest res you can do....max details with AA set low. It isn't default settings, but we want to stress the GPU to make sure it isn't a CPU limitation (mine is CPU limited with 1 card!! :eek:). Write down the settings, run the benchmark. Enable SLi and try again. If the score goes up, it is enabled ;)

Last edited:
KarlThomas, I don't see any reason why that won't work (the 700 watt coolermaster). I can't find that amp draw for the 640mb gts so you may want to do a search as I'm sure this question has been asked somewhere on the boards here @ ocforums.

edit: While I was typing you got a few responses. Definitely do some searching!

Last edited:
Back