• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the EK Predator series all that and worth the premium?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The main benefit to the predator 360 is that it uses the QDC system that allows for a dripless quick disconnect to allow adding additional parts to the system.

Supposed to be very nice.

The main benefit to the predator 360 is that it uses the QDC system that allows for a dripless quick disconnect to allow adding additional parts to the system.

Supposed to be very nice.
Crap.....

Looks like I got 400+ bucks to blow on something new...

I would put a hold and look what these companies have to offer during CES 2016, if you're willing to wait a bit. New additions to AIOs and prekits.

Last edited:
You get the QDC for the GPU block and it's plug and play. EK is selling block pre filled now with QDC's for this reason :)

This is for blocks that you're wanting to buy from EK, not blocks that you already own ;)

Yes - you pay extra for the prefill service and the attachment of the quick disconnect.

The tech support at EK is really good...and very responsive. I asked all sort of questions from them. Their "rule of thumb" for radiator size is one 120 mm rad per heat unit...plus one more. So, if you are just cooling a CPU, they recommend 2x120 mm or their 240 mm AIO. If you are doing a CPU and a GPU, they recommend 3x120 mm or their 360 mm AIO.

This is more aggressive than the standard recommendation here of one 120 mm radiator per 100 W.

I asked EK support about going to a second GPU in the future...and they did not recommend using the predator 360 for 2 GPU and a CPU.

Back