• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there fan like this that will cool an ax-7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Hey, i really want a red LED fan on my heatsink, but i cant find one with a high cfm. The highest cfm i found was 31. Below is a pic of what i am looking for

ledred_big.jpg

Frag

i only see blue ones there. I am specifically looking fo rred. Thanks anyway

LED's are ALOT cheaper then that. ;)

As for the fan, remember that all you have to do to keep it at it's highest RPM (in this case 52) is twist the wires of the thermistor together with a pair of pliers (grab the blue thermistor and twist it), then it will always carry full current.

If you can't twist the wires together right off the bat because the wires aren't long enough, you can simply crush the thermistor with the pliers. That'll give you another fraction of an inch to play with.

o, i see how i could switch out the LEDs. But will they be easy to get at?

wait, i was just looking at that smartfan. I think if i do any modding to a fan, it;l b that one because then i could have 4 red leds. I love red. Were can i get one of these real cheap?

well since no one is answering, i will ask another question. Is there a way to disable the smart fan part. I.E.---make it stay at the highest setting. Do i just do what Uber Phlubb said up above ^

TheFrag said:
well since no one is answering, i will ask another question. Is there a way to disable the smart fan part. I.E.---make it stay at the highest setting. Do i just do what Uber Phlubb said up above ^

I dunno where to buy them cheap (Ebay?) but yes, just twist the thermistor wires together.

TheFrag said:
Is there a way to disable the smart fan part. I.E.---make it stay at the highest setting. Do i just do what Uber Phlubb said up above ^

Yes - It comes with blue jumper that does this. If you don't want temp controlled then use the manual control. This way you can have it running flat out but also have the ability to throttle back when your ears begin to throb. ;)

Back