• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this fan setup ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have another question. I will be changing my cpu cooler to a cm 212evo which will exhaust out the rear instead of the top. I will then be removing the top blue fan and replacing it with the rear white fan. In its place will be either a 'cooler master sickle flow 120mm' or an 'Aerocool Shark Fan 120mm '. It will either be a blue led fan but i cant decide to go with the cooler master or the aerocool.
Could someone please help me decide which would be better. btw the ac is $2AUD cheaper.

Look at the Noise level and the CFM on the fans, which ever is quieter, and/or moves more air, get that one.

Looks pretty good here, but you might think of getting it up in the air a bit unless you want to have a high priced vacuum cleaner more or less over time :)

I'd hope you aren't testing things as is, give the bottom some room to breathe with all those fans down there your airflow would increase just from that, besides sucking up anything off the floor that gets near it or flaoting around in general.

:beer:

And yeah I'd always heard Yate Loons were good for the money, but I have a few coolmaster fans laying around here and others that are pretty decent and haven't even used I guess in awhile :)

Last edited:
Looks pretty good here, but you might think of getting it up in the air a bit unless you want to have a high priced vacuum cleaner more or less over time :)

I'd hope you aren't testing things as is, give the bottom some room to breathe with all those fans down there your airflow would increase just from that, besides sucking up anything off the floor that gets near it or flaoting around in general.

So your saying that its a bad idea to keep my computer on the floor? Theres no room on my desk or anywhere else in my room that i could put it. What would be a goodway to increase the airflow from the bottom of the case besides moving it somewhere else? :eh?:

I have just bought a Cooler Master hyper 412 slim cpu cooler and a CM Sickle flow 120mm fan for exhaust and will install and post pictures soon.:D

just elevate it SOMEHOW, cut up some 2x4 and use that as legs, just try to get 2-4 inches of clearance for airflow into those fans...

Back