• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this HSF good enough for what i'm trying to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titan2782

Registered
I am looking to get my XP 3000+ up to 200mhz, but due to heating issues, i cant. I was wondering if this bad boy would be sufficient.

http://www.sharkacorp.com/Merchant2...oduct_Code=cnps7000a-cu&Category_Code=sock462

I dont want to go to water cooling, so please dont suggest it. I have a full copper HSF right now, but it's about 1/4 the size of this thing. I've seen this up close, it's heavy and really big. Is it worth $40?

Thanks.

The XP-120 won't work with Socket A. Newegg currently is not carrying any Socket A Thermalright sink. Jab-Tech has the SP-97 in stock, that is the best Thermalright (probably any brand) sink for Socket A. SVC has the SLK-900A in stock, if you don't have mounting holes on your motherboard, its probably your best bet if you want to hang a giant slab of copper off your CPU socket. Otherwise if you can find the ALX-800 that is a good budget heatsink.

Also there is the SLK-947 (not SLK-948) for Socket A. I can't seem to find it anywhere, but that is almost as good as an SP-97 from what I hear, and a bit cheaper.

Back