• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this motherboard toast?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It should work without issues. At least I can't see there any traces. You won't know for sure till you test it.
I had something like that on new ASRock board and it was working fine.

Well if that one trace is important and it's cut then you will have an issue but I don't see that being likely, try it and see.

My main concern is do these motherboards have multiple layers? Using the image of the back of the motherboard, if its just that one trace AND its broken, I could fix that myself... but if there are layers in between layers, then that's an issue.

Yes they do have multiple layers, but like others have said you won't know until you try it.

My main concern is do these motherboards have multiple layers? Using the image of the back of the motherboard, if its just that one trace AND its broken, I could fix that myself... but if there are layers in between layers, then that's an issue.
You may not even need to fix it.

Yes, it's a multiple layer board. It's at least 8 layers.

Can't tell if it's actually cracked and bending there, or just the solder mask on the top layer?

Back