• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this real?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, this thread is real. Yes, your post is real.

Although, they are just a series of magnetic atoms placed in a specific way on a rotating platter that only makes sense in the context that we use them in. So in a sense, they aren't real because it is just a pattern of matter.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have created Schrödinger's thread.

EDIT: The debate on whether I'm real still rages on. People suspect that I'm either from a frozen wasteland with nothing to do outside or a poorly written AI deployed by iNet that get stuck in a loop checking forum postings.

Last edited:
The post is only observed on a monitor though, on the magnetic platter at iNet (ain't no magnetic platters in my computer) its text and addressing is contained in a rather larger DB file. Is the post actually in that file? Or just the information required to recreate it when needed?
Does my bed still exist despite the fact that I cannot see it? I'm hoping so, largely because I should be in it already.

As to you existing thid, I spend probably 20% of my time being absolutely amazed at the concept that that intelligences other than my own exist and go about doing their own thing. It's a wild concept, really. It'd be so much easier for everybody else to simply be a simulation run by my subconscious to distract me from "reality", whatever that is.
More importantly, an AI wouldn't typo "got" to "get" in an edit. Not sure an AI would edit in the first place. I think you're real, or at least a convincing simulation by my brain.

lol you guys can delete this... it was a link to youtube where they put 40 fans on a H100 radiator and were getting negative degree temps

real-life1.jpg

Back