• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIO Coolant Recharging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unsafesteagle

Hi everyone throw dos n donts at recharging an AIO Cooler with coolant.

Heres real life example as this cooler was recently removed and tubing "accidently" popped out.

20240220_120612.jpg

20240220_120622.jpg

Thanks !

I..............yikes. LOL. Are they supposed to pop out or are those broken? What AIO is that (doesn't look like the one in your sig?)?

That AIO Cooler is the Thermaltake Big Water 3.0
Its a 3 x 120mm radiator. Does not have any g 1/4" fittings.
The Tubing appears crimped onto the radiator and as you can see pressed into the waterblock.

Besides for not knowing how it was assembled theres no other visible damage
Post magically merged:

Also at some point i considered and passed on modifying it to extend the tubing length.

Luckily they popped out not in your running pc! I would toss it and get another. Its just not worth the risk of it happening another time.

As for recharging an AIO. I did this to an old Swiftech AIO a few years back treating it like any other water cooled system. Drained it, ran Mayhems cleaner through it as instructed in the kit then refilled with a premix fluid. It ran fine for years after that but I wouldn't consider it with that kit.

Those fittings are supposed to be held in by some sort of U or C-Clip. If it popped out, best to just "Pop" in the garbage can. I'll bet the clip just dissolved itself since it's made of cheap plastic.

Those fittings are supposed to be held in by some sort of U or C-Clip. If it popped out, best to just "Pop" in the garbage can. I'll bet the clip just dissolved itself since it's made of cheap plastic.
Those look like press fit. I was literally just looking at something last week that also had press fittings, and I can’t for the life of me find it again.

Technically, with low pressure, it would work fine.

Last edited:
Back