• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the best fan setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john426

Hi,
I have two rear case fans, one side case fan and a PCI exhaust blower in my machine at the moment. I currently have one rear fan exhausting air, the other bringing in air, and the side fan exhausting air.

Is this the best way to have these fans set up? What you do suggest?

Thanks!

I would have both rear fans exhaust air because it will take away hot air from the processor. I also have never heard anybody say PCI blowers were helpful, just noisy. You should just play around with it and measure your temps. Whatever setup is the lowest you should keep.

I would put a fan in the front blowing in, have both rear fans blowing out and the side fan blowing in and get rid of the PCI blower. Or (probably use that above first though) the two rear fans blowing in and a front and the side fan blowing out.

Welcome To The Forums!:D

Turn the rears into intakes, leave the side on as an intake, and the pci blower can stay if you like the noise.

The PSU fans are suffice to sucking the hot air out of your rig, and the positive flow you will have will keep less dust in your computer.

Back