• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters
Mine is on a 3 shelf stand. My house is so dusty I would have to clean the computer out every 4 hours. Even on the shelves I have had to put filters on the case to keep the gunk out.. It works well, temps are nice and on the shelves everything is within reach

I do not placing my computer to top on my desk to secure my computer from earthquake. If earthquake was happen and my computer placed on top of table, my computer was fallen from desk and my case was destroyed, I am also the victim... :(

Last edited:
In the musings that wander in and out of my mind I had a thought for a poll that I'm pretty sure we've not done before so here we go. The question is: For your primary system, do you have your computer on top of your desk or do you keep it below your desk?

Most definitely on top. I didn't get a case with a side window for nothing, and wanted to be able to gaze inside and keep an eye on things. Dust would be a bigger problem too if I placed it on the floor, and if I happen to need to go in there for something, its right at my reach.

Systems I've had before never really had any "curb appeal" and were just enclosed plastic square boxes, but when deciding to do a custom build, everything changed regarding how I wanted it to look, function, and be readily accessible without disconnecting a ton of cables. These were key factors in selecting a case size and being modular w/tooless design and feature packed. Its the one part I feel I got right the first time for all present and future builds. The only downside is if I decide to add monitors for eyefinity, in which case it would have to be relocated to the floor and cables extended.

On the floor these armor revos are WAY to big for a desk IMO lol.

That's part of why mine is on the floor!
The dust filtration in the revo is pretty nice though, stuff inside gathers dust very very slowly compared to other cases I've used. The top/forward mounted USB ports/buttons are convenient for floor use too.

yea the revo case is by far my favorite case Ive owned so far:)
thanks for pointing me towards it awhile back bobnova:)

On top of, below, next to, on a shelf, in the next room, in peices on a workbench, a few couple netbooks stacked on top of eachother on a table, gaming laptop in it's case waiting to go in case I do, a few laptops on a shelf... maybe it's time I downsize instead of researching for a build?

On top of my door turned desk, between my tv and fish tank. Up away from the dust and cat fur. Plus there's not enough height under my desk for the tower.

I heard putting your computer on the foor next to a desk hurts airflow... so... top...

Even if the cosmos II looks silly... being on a desk almost 2inches shorter...

I wonder if there are even bigger cases... because this is like ridiculous but im in love =P

IMG_0675.jpg

Last edited:
No "other" option?

My "command centre" is currently in storage but my pc is behind the telly.

I miss my awesome command centre :(

Mines on top or my desk

my 1yr old already likes to take my tools and hardware from my bench rig so I don't truck her with the comp on the floor lol

She took my ram last night wife has to ask her where the other stick was and she had took it to the living room XD

Back