• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters
After I just finished my new build, I decided to move it up onto my desk. Collects too much dust, hard to access, nor can I admire it when it's on the floor.

Both of mine are on the floor but I am thinking about building a new case that I can bolt to the side of my desk :)

On top,
you don't want all the durt and stuff
getting in the PSU and bottom mounted fans.

Unfortunately when my monitor is on the desk there isn't enough room hehe (32" Hannspree) and the other reason I have it on the floor is because my pc room is in the attic and it gets a bit hot up here so it sits near the hatch to get the coolest air and with my NZXT Phantom case it has filters on the bottom to help with the dust.

Not sure what to do with the new case I want to build from scratch though was thinking about making a desk case.

no desk currently. desk is in car hole.

current "desk" is a tv stand with a keyboard tray laying atop of it. case and second monitor on a... a.. desk high furniture thing with drawers that has a mirror on it. Not a bureau but a other thing.

Second PC is on the night stand and that monitor/KB/M is also on the thing that can not be named.

I have use a small end table at the end of my desk for my rig. My monitors don't leave much room on my desk.

Mine is actually on a two drawer nightstand alongside my desk. My previous desktop was on the floor and collected dust like a magnet. I live in a dusty part of the world so my desktop still needs frequent cleaning but moving it off the floor reduced the frequency dramatically.

Is it up or is it down so to speak.

Mines next to me on the right on its own self, to show off it's Colours and my Hard work??:rofl::rofl::salute:

Attachments

• New PC Build (3) 2012.JPG
    New PC Build (3) 2012.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 89
On the floor in the corner where my L desk angles. Dust is an issue but this desk is not that stable at all. And having it on the floor, hardwood on top of concrete, isolates it nicely away from pretty much any and all vibrations.

hi there i would like to ask for some advice on this

I am going to build a mATX Chassis such as Silverstone TJ08E or FT03 or mATX chassis

My table on top can only place a 400mm chassis and below is 600mm but no air flow and collects dust a lot plus giving hot air to my legs

Back