• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters
Beside> in a brand new custom modded stereo rack

Custom enclosure for Corsair Carbide 500r

Heres all the pics: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=492

Custom modded stereo rack system which includes:

* Top Cooling Exhaust Fan 200mm
* Bottom 120mm intake fan direct connect to central system A/C supply duct
* Separate 250w PSU to power case fans and leads for testing HDD's to via USB
* HEPA room air cleaner on bottom shelf cleaning all the air and forcing air flow into bottom pc case intake fan and 750w PSU

I have this ducted through its own 3" pipe through a cold air return then out the cold air return duct, then into the cold air supply duct from the central system air conditioning so in winter time i can redirect to pull cold air from basement.

picture.php

picture.php

5 degree temp drop from ambient 10 degree drop when central air is running average 28c when A/C set at 70

Let me know what you think!

2 on a stand to the left of my desk, 1 on the floor to the right of my desk, 1 workstation on my desk, 2 laptops that run around all over my desk, 1 laptop that bounces between the sofa and the bed, 1 on another desk next to my desk, and several in other rooms - one on a desk and the others wherever I felt like plugging them in.

Sits on a two drawer filing cabinet next to an opened and screened window which is protected by a 3' high porch and overhang. The large intake fan faces the window to get the best airflow and since I am running XFire on two 5770s I placed a small metal fan at rear to help pull the heat from the three rear fans.

below :/, well on the side because you can see it there better, and there is not room on the desk because it is full of monitors

On top.
Many reasons;
-Its a lian li, I like to see it.
-Its modded and Ive still got plans... again, I like to be able to see it.
-Its a good source of light at night
-Less dust on the desk than on the floor.
-Easier to remove or add cables to the I/O
-Easier to access for troubleshooting, making hardware changes.

1 beside the desk on wheels, easy to pull out the back and work on it.
2 part of the desk, save space and easey to work on. Who said you cant have it both ways?

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 267
three under the desk and one on each side, two on the other wall one on the floor by the other wall as internet server.

1 beside the desk on wheels, easy to pull out the back and work on it.
2 part of the desk, save space and easey to work on. Who said you cant have it both ways?

Ive always wanted to do this with my screens, but i only game on one screen which means more often than not i would end up sitting at my desk at an angle. I tend to my push secondary screen to the side and move my primary more into the middle when I'm doing sustained gaming sessions

Last edited:
Ive always wanted to do this with my screens, but i only game on one screen which means more often than not i would end up sitting at my desk at an angle. I tend to my push secondary screen to the side and move my primary more into the middle when I'm doing sustained gaming sessions

I keep my main straight infront of me and just have my second off to the left at an angle.

mine is not really either. It is the desk (when I finally add the top to my desk) I suppose it is under in theory =/

IMGP0675.jpg

Last edited:
Mines beside my desk, because there is no room below it!

I like it like that too, because then you can clearly see the blue LED's.

Decently lights up my loft at night too!

Back