• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your case on top of your desk or below it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where do you keep your primary computer in your work space?

• On top of the desk.

Votes: 201 47.1%
  • Below the desk.

Votes: 226 52.9%

• Total voters
To be honest to you aya90 buddy, i am not the person to ask as i have not been here long my self. But my case is above and it seems to have less dust plus be a lot cooler as well.

Last edited:
on top. In adelaide Australia there is so much dust that it wouldn't survive under. Recently my temp spiked 15 C up, had to clean the rad. now it back normal

Welcome polacos, i put mine up so to see the case, plus as you said about the dust and heat. I just had delivery today so i am going to add some 12volt LED's to my case as well so another reason to have the case high up regards.

Last edited:
ON TOP.

Welcome phreon buddy, kinda looks like a tight squeeze there on the table my friend.

Last edited:
Finally in a semi-permanent location for the next 6-12 months.

Atop a desk.
dscn5078u.jpg

I use an old microwave stand. The bottom doors house all the electric rats nest to supply everything, the slide out shelf holds my gaming rig horizontally, and the top of the microwave stand holds my "benching rig" which is an old motherboard box with some holes, a hard drive, and cdrom in it.

Most of it stems from me not being able to fit it onto my desk with 2x 24'' wide screens for the display.

WHERE IS YOUR CASE????

LET IT ALL HANG OUT? I mean the 2x ASUS VE248 LCD LED BACKLIGHT SCREENS. Yes mine is above on it's own self.

Attachments

• Philip's update Photo's 28.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 28.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • Philip's update Photo's 29.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 29.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • Philip's update Photo's 25.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 25.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
WHAT SPEAKERS ARE THOSE??????

Sorry wagex for the wait: Just only come back in the house, the speakers are by Genius they are about 30 to 50 watts output if i remember. But for you old buddy i will go into my AMAZON ACCT to look for the exact order code, so just hang fire mins, i will update real soon. OH by the way the sound from these is fantastic, with SUB WOOFER/TREBLE/TWEETS, ALL adjustable, also a output for CANS. MAN THESE WILL BLOW YOU AWAY? THESE ARE MADE FOR PC'S.

P.S. THEY ARE CALLED, GENIUS SP-HF1800A 3 WAY WOOD HI-FI SPEAKERS, TOTAL OUPUT 50 WATTS RMS FULLY ADJUSTABLE.

Last edited:
With the change to the mighty Thor v2 White, I have moved to on top of my desk.

(blah iPads can't attach pic)

590d4875.jpg

Last edited:
JEEZUS I have the same case black one though I'm surprised you put that disgustingly heavy case on your desk ahahaha. You're crazy :p:p:clap:

Hoping it will have less dust affecting it. Kinda wish my hutch was taller so it'd fit inward instead of sideways...

Oh well it's my showcase ;)

Funny to ask that. Yesterday I was thinking I have this bitchin looking computer and its all tucked in the corner.

Neither :)
Sig rig on the left and older Gateway on the right

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 96
Back