• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It Finally Happened... - RGB PSU Cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, they wouldn't. Would they?

Dear God, they would.

I kind of like the idea if you can keep them one color at all times. Keeps you from having to UV sleeve cables and you don't have to deal with UV CCLFs. However how many still like the UV look.
If you could dim them a bit you can get the look of non UV sleeved cables too.
I see it as a way to make your system look nicer without going through of the work to sleeve cables. Still the RGB look is, well... More for the younger folk, not that that's a bad thing.

UV and CCLF is soooo 2008. :p

Not a fan of these either. I like tasteful RGB implementation but this, plus a board, plus case fans.... is just too much. Now these and other lines alone.... maybe. But all too often its over done.

The wife is drooling over these and egging me to get them asap, for her the more RGB the better :screwy: her setup already looks like a flashing rainbow as it is (think Christmas tree) and its painful to look at at nighttime...

UV and CCLF is soooo 2008. :p

Not a fan of these either. I like tasteful RGB implementation but this, plus a board, plus case fans.... is just too much. Now these and other lines alone.... maybe. But all too often its over done.

I feel the same with rgb. I have loads in my case but I actually only have them on the same colour. They just give me the option to quickly change my case theme. If I change coolant colour then I can quickly change the lighting too.

I was actually disappointed in the rgb cables. Would have been much more impressive if it was actually the cable that lit up and not an overlay. I’ll stick to sleeves I think.

I remember when all were trying to hide cables to improve airflow...
Barely anyone thinks about one more thing. LEDs generate some heat and use some power. If we add all LED sources in a PC which has everything RGB then it's already significant wattage. LEDs on a typical motherboard (measured on 2 mobos at home) use about 2W. Not so much but add fans, cables, graphics card, RAM, maybe CPU cooler/AIO, case itself ... and you can pass 20W in total.
Manufacturers have no better ideas to promote their products so they install RGB on everything. Recently I was posting OC results of RGB memory kit, who cares that 2666 kit can make 3800+ ... all care about RGB modes :screwy:

20W in total
This is the least of anyone's worries I'm sure (and it should be that way...). Its like people asking if they can add two HDDs to their system and will it be enough power. If 20W is a tipping point, then it was done wrong.

Not remotely a worry.

Sir, I said heat SHRINK, not heat sink:D oh :chair: this is terrible to clarify a funny

Well, now after reading it, it's not even funny no more:) RGB zip ties would be something though!

Back