• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT HAS BECOME TIME TO CRUNCH MORE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

Hi.

I am glad after many years that we are top 9 in seti.

I am glad that we are crunching in the top FIVE of all seti teams.

Unfortuneatly, teams 5,7,8 who all crunch LESS than us now, have a long head start, and we will not catch them soon, without more power.

I will fire up my farm this weekend.

Crunch on.

-none1

Glad to hear it, none1. Bring on teh powa, mane!

I presently have everything I can run humming away as much as summer temps let me. I had to back a few rigs down a bit because of the heat.

Hi.

I am glad after many years that we are top 9 in seti.

I am glad that we are crunching in the top FIVE of all seti teams.

Unfortuneatly, teams 5,7,8 who all crunch LESS than us now, have a long head start, and we will not catch them soon, without more power.

I will fire up my farm this weekend.

Crunch on.

-none1

I noticed you are not using the optimizers...it will almost double your production! View the sticky posted above for instructions...or just PM me and I will walk you through it. I can't wait to see what that Q6600 and that quad xeon are going to do!

my machines need a serious overhaul as well, a few good machines have been down for various problems. ill fix that this weekend. also thinking about selling my X6800 for a QX6850 i can get for dirt cheap
CRUNCH ON!

My folding farm will soon be entering a state of transition; as a part of that transition a couple of my quads will see some crunching duty.

Thanks for your support Ihrsetrdr! You are converting your farm to GPUs or what?

GPU will be playing a larger role in folding, with the intent of shutting down 24/7 operation of several quads due to news of SoCal Edison rate hikes(25-30%). But, as most of my farm is less than a year old, I'm just not willing to go through another cycle of parting out/ selling off components; I'm going to get some more use out of my hardware, and that will include bumping up my RAC considerably. ;)

Here's what I foresee:
3 quads running 2 VMs 24/7, each with a GPU client.
2 quads running SETI
2 quads offline mostly, in reserve for "points boost" as needed.

Basically I'm playin' it by ear right now, rate hikes won't be here 'til first of the year, 2nd nvidia card will be here tomorrow...will have one quad on SETI by Friday.

Sounds like fun ihrsetrdr. (The new hardware, not the rate hikes.) I have been trying to get a new duallie online for a while now, but I kept running into problems. Hopefully it'll stay running this time.

"Overclockers.com will not be stomped by anyone" I like it.

Replaced my wife's D805 with a quad, and refired the dual Opty. Hopefully I can hold off Silver Shadow. (a third quad might be in the works.)

I've got a 939 rig that's off and on (literally!) and a few more K8's ready to run. The wife and I have been "discussing" placement of the older machines. I had everything set to add a shelf in our grandkids toy room when she changed her mind about putting them in there. :-/ Maybe I can reopen that conversation now that's it's been a couple of weeks. Not much power in any one machine but I think I've got 4 of them sitting in boxes - about 5k RAC total ...

Back