• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iVGA does not boot Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artas1984

Something happened - i was getting some glitches in a game, so i decided to remove HD4870X2 and use integrated graphics to check how will it run game, but Windows would not fully boot on iVGA - i saw the Windows screen, heard the boot music, and it stayed that way..

I have 2 hard drives, both are with Windows 7, but one of them is without any program - in it the Windows load fully with iVGA, but the one HDD with all the programs does not. I though that i should remove ATI drivers, restart and then boot it without any drivers - did not help. Then i disabled all the OC - did not help. The initialize display first function is set from PCI - like it always was and always worked. I realize that this is due to some Windows malfunction, but i have no idea why does it happen? I will say that i could boot the HDD from i VGA some days before, now i can not. I did not do any drastic changes to my O.S that would make this behavior.

I post this topic here because the problem lies in my motherboards iVGA.

Artas1984 said:
the one HDD with all the programs does not. I though that i should remove ATI drivers, restart and then boot it without any drivers - did not help.

IF that hdd with programs would not boot...how did you remove the ATI drivers? IF you boot to windows in SAFE MODE, then the majority of drivers do n0t load. Have you done that?

No, i booted the drive with my HD4870X2, uninstalled ATI drivers, rebooted, turned off PC, plugged iVGA and then booted to see a "hang".

The problem is solved: it did not want to show Windows screen until CHKDSK would be completed. Strange...

The problem is solved: it did not want to show Windows screen until CHKDSK would be completed. Strange...

I would do a scan on the ram overnight with Memtest86+. The only time I've had my pc want to run chkdsk is when I've resized hard disk partitions or had bad ram that was corrupting data.

I would do a scan on the ram overnight with Memtest86+. The only time I've had my pc want to run chkdsk is when I've resized hard disk partitions or had bad ram that was corrupting data.

Now that you said this, might there be a chance that bad RAM could cause cyclic redundancy check errors with archiving operations? And more important what do you mean by bad ram? It's working fine...

Back