• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JC's Chilly1 SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
now WHY did i say "hand file" when i clearly meant dermal "drum sander" attachment :shrug: :bang head

pict04541lb.jpg

all i need to do now is band sand some of the metal plate away (to allow the foam to seal) @ work and it should be up and running tomorrow night (crossfingers)

Last edited:
JC, looks awesome...can't wait to see what kind of clocks you get! Don't kill yourself trying to keep the ramsinks on if it's too tight (unless you absolutely don't want to rip them off). With the SS on it, they are more likely to keep the chips warmer than they would be...that phase unit will cool the entire PCB and everything attached to it very nicely ;)

pict04569gf.jpg

1st boot had the chilly1 in thermal overload (as usual on FIRST boot) so things are in 5 min wait period....

damn i got knots in my stomach!
(but isnt that what us "Extreme Coolers" live for? :p)

EDIT:

well, i wont be hitting Maxi's 900+ but i think i can get into the mid to "upper" 800's (860-880) but im still learning (10 min of playing around)

temps are STOCK IDLE -30C (or lower) but OCed and over volted puts it into the -2C range :eek:

IDLE, VGpu: 1.575v
chillymachidleoc8lb.jpg

----------

ehh, its gett'n there...

120700aqua3nc.jpg

Last edited:
Back