• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JC's Chilly1 SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Joe, You have lost your title of "extreme ghetto modder god". I laughed so hard this morning when I saw this:
crap2th.jpg

Joe, you truely have a really sweet set up in your basement. I thought I had some crazy stuff going on in my garage and bedroom. Where can i get some info on chilly1's phase changer. Prices and contact. I've seen him over at xtremesystems.org

firstdegreeab said:
Where can i get some info on chilly1's phase changer. Prices and contact. I've seen him over at xtremesystems.org

Just send him a PM at XS. He will proboly take a while to get back to you.

You might want to look up PCIce over at OCXtreme he makes units that are just as good if not better than Chilly and you might get a quicker response time.

decided to try out the FX-57 under the Chilly1 rather than mod the Mach...

well i took out the X2 (pics below) and dropped in the FX...

so...ok, here is a bench mark for ya HousERaT ;)

23625pi574qv.jpg

worth the wait?

---------

o and BTW, here is what was under the hood of my first working TIM with this unit:

(pic of X2 3800 after use in above posts ... NOT the Pi shot in this post though)

pict04468bu.jpg

pict04489ux.jpg

Last edited:
That's the FX naked? What are the missing transistors to the right supposed to be for? I thought it was your 3800+ and the missing transistors were the missing cache or something...

sorry not clear... ill edit:

that was a pic of the X2 3800 after use...B4 i put in the FX and ran that Pi shot.

naked FX link in sig ;)

------------

DAMN DAMN DAMN.... UNI-processor....had the "Ricky-tweak" on for that run...

-and/or-

the "HAL" settings for an X2 (dual core CPU)

Last edited:
JC,

Is there a pic of your 3800 IHS around here somewhere? Looks like the FX is coming to life more under the chilly cooling :)

EDIT:

if some of the pictures in this thread do NOT show up, try hitting refresh (a few times) this seems to get the pics to load.
sorry for any inconvenience.
:(

--------------------

Maxi:
might be a shot of the underside when i first popped it... what ya looking for? i can shoot it.

Gautam:
i might have an "old" XP home disk somewhere in this basement...LOL or a Win95.

EDIT:

virgin X2:

pict04185dx.jpg

Last edited:
glad to see you finally got that thing going. Now that you have your spi 1mb, you gonna start doing some real benching? ;)

HousERaT said:
glad to see you finally got that thing going. Now that you have your spi 1mb, you gonna start doing some real benching? ;)
shouldnt be too long now...

hope to have my mounting plate (made up) in the next few days...

MachII cooled X1900 XTX... that should make for a fun weekend :)

1stOVERCLOCKER,
"lots" have gone into 4GHz + already... i cant compete with that.

ok hows this?

pict04501im.jpg

pict04491wk.jpg

pict04518af.jpg

it may not look it from this (bad) pic, but the screw heads are well below the plane of the copper.

pict04524aa.jpg

sorry, no duck-tape in this project :p ...
i wanted to show (for once) that i can do "quality" modding not just ghetto modding... i *think* i succeeded :attn:

now the only trick to this is going to be: to NOT have the 4x screws turn while im tightening down to the card...

but i think ill save that part of this project for tomorrow.

EDIT: better pic:

pict04530dw.jpg

--------

LATE EDIT... FINISHED product ;)

pict04541lb.jpg

pict04569gf.jpg

Last edited:
just ran into the first glitch... :bang head

the RAM sinks seem to interfere with the head... it cant be more than 1/64" or so...

the sinks are from VJ and the tape he uses *CAN* rip the chip off (needles to say, im NOT going to be removing them) so i guess its time to whip-out the hand file and try to file away enough clearance on the head. (the plastic is almost 1/4" thick, so i know i can, its just going to take some time...)

pict04042vq.jpg

Last edited:
Back