• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got an amazing 3.0c from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxshwagg

Registered
put it in a computer i was building for a school, decided to give it a quick test to see how it overclocks. using AI7 UGURU i put it straight to 242 under default voltage and it primed all night on air never getting above 50c (which is pretty good on a abit board since they read high anyways). decided to keep the chip for myself and put it in my rig this morning. currently breakin' it in at a cool 250fsb 1 to 1 @ 3.75ghz stock voltage (35 celcius under prime right now for 3hours). can't wait to max it out tonight.....

chip info

3.0c
1.55V 800fsb
SL6WU
Pack Date 1/31/04

maxxshwagg

That is an awesome overclock....I wish that I could get my CPU up that high....then again I never reduced my ram to 1:1.

Guess that gives me something to do tonight. :D

Batch #L401A289

Still going strong at stock voltage. I'll push it up to 260 in a couple of hours....

maxxshwagg

ok,

running at 266fsb 1 to 1 now, had to bump up the voltage, was getting a little voltage drop on the board

currently priming @

266fsb
3.98ghz 1.625v 36c
memory @ 1-1 2.5 4 4 8 2.8v

if it runs at 1.625v for a couple of hours then i'll drop the voltage down..........

fun, fun. gotta love these 3.0c's

maxxshwagg

man I have the WORST luck I just ordered a newegg 3.0c and got the old SL6WK step... pack date was 12/15/03 or something... GRR

:mad:

it was the retail 3.0c. i ordered another one today, we'll see what it is tommorrow when it comes in.....

final results for now. very nice. playing call of duty at 1600x1200 with all the eye candy on....

fsb 262
3.0 @ 3.94ghz 1.65v
ram at 1 to 1
northbridge 28c, cpu idle 34c under load 38c

totally stable so far. going to play some games now. i'll push it some more after i break it in a little....

maxxshwagg

you paid for overnight shipping or are you just close to their warehouse?

where are you located?? I noticed newegg now ships out of several warehouses-- (everything USED to come from California only, but not anymore)... I guess they did this to save on shipping costs. Since I am in NY I get most stuff from the New Jersey warehouse. I guess maybe the California warehouse has the SL6WU's??? I assume you are on the west coast somewhere, right Maxxshwagg?

i am in NJ about 2 miles from there warehouse. the 3.0c i got shipping from NJ. maybe that is were the good ones are....

i kept the processor that i suppose to use for the system i am delivering friday to i am stuck paying overnight shipping to make sure that i deliver on time.....sometimes fedex expressaver still takes 3 days to deliver even if i am in the next town over.....

anyways. it is worth the extra $20 for a processor that runs at over 3.9ghz.....most would agree i am sure...

i will post tommorrow which processor i get from the NJ warehouse.....

maxxshwagg

Grats, I sure hope that I have as good of luck as you my friend.

I just picked up a boxed 3.0 today they had 2 to choose from, both were SL6WU one i bought was packed on 1/19/04 batch # L346B283, the other was packed on 1/31/04 just like yours and the batch # extremely close , was L401A290.

I hope for my sake that I have a good one! :D

Daaq

I also have

3.0c
1.55v 800fsb
SL6WU
1/31/04

It will post and go into windows @ 3.9 but its not stable. My p4p800's horrid voltage droop makes it nearly impossible to get it stable. I will try the droop mod when I get my new case. If that doesn't work out well, I might be in the market for a IC-7.

These are great chips hold onto them.

I just got a retail 3.0c from newegg's california warehouse...SL6WK :( The pack date is 2/26/04, too. Looks like Intel is still clearing out the old stuff. This is actually my first Intel chip and I'm having a tough time getting a decent overclock out of it. Need to try remounting my water block again, I think.

Glad you got a good one. Wish I could trade this sl6wk for the one you have coming since the school won't be overclocking. :)

SL6WU

Hey guys. I am still new to the overclocking scene in general. Just a quick question - what does "SL6WU" refer to and why is it better than the "SL6WK?" I have a P4 3.0c -> how do I check which of these I have. Thanks.. I apologize if this question is trivial.

Steve

Back