• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got an amazing 3.0c from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice oc maxxshwagg...i have a question was it a malay cpu and the capacitor/resistor (brown things) on the bottom were there 12 or 30? i got a SL6WU in the uk with just 12 made in costa rica and it was lame compared to some i have seen 3.525 prime stable was the best also had a SL6WK with the same results and same capacitor arrangement underneath (12) getting sick of exchanging and seliing these things...i have as much luck as luckman with these cpu's lol:D

don't remember what the underside had on it.

got my other 3.0c from NJ and it is a SL6WK, pack date 2/19/04. Guess i just got lucky the first time.....i'll see what this chip is like before i pack the computer up for delivery tomorrow....

SL6WU's are the bomb. i have to buy 5 more for some more systems in two weeks. i will order them from NewEgg. i'll post what they are when i get them....

maxxshwagg

That's an awesome chip Maxxshwagg, it's a good job you tested it before it was comitted to a lifetime at stock.
I could only get 3.95Ghz out of my 3.4c SL793 (with Zalman AlCu) but I'm well pleased with that, so you must be delighted.
Any plans for trying it out with a MachII/Vapo? :D

Adrayic,
The batch number can be found on the cpu heatspreader if you remove the heatsink. It's also printed on the cpu box.

Dang, they are some baaadaass 3.0C going about now. My POS wont do over 3.5ghz Prime Stable on air.....time to upgrade! :D

screenshot. blazing fast. very happy, don't thing i'll be upgrading my processor for a while.

3.0c.jpg

maxx

nice, verrry nice.
can you post a screenshot of Sandra mem. bandwidth? wanna see how 1:1 @262- 3.9g compares to 5:4 292mhz- 3.5ghz

thats at 3.9ghz??

your mips are WAY too low. you should be well over 11k if not in 12k territory.

any suggestions to why it is so low. i have hyperthreading disabled, but i am running 2000 pro which doesn't support it anyways.....

maxxshwagg said:
any suggestions to why it is so low. i have hyperthreading disabled, but i am running 2000 pro which doesn't support it anyways.....

I thought that 2000pro had some hyperthreading support, but just wasn't as good as XP. Either way that's probably the difference. Nice cpu congrats!!

yes 2k is SMP capable, what good would it do for a server os not to have multi chip capabilities :p

Back