• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got an amazing 3.0c from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i am pretty sure that 2000 pro only see two physical processors not the hyperthreading type setup, so i many cases it slows things down. i turned hyperthreading off and i noticed things were faster.

xp pro is less stable than 200 pro for the CAD software i run...

have you notices the higher score in sandra translate to better performance in apps?

maxx

maxxshwagg said:
i am pretty sure that 2000 pro only see two physical processors not the hyperthreading type setup, so i many cases it slows things down. i turned hyperthreading off and i noticed things were faster.

xp pro is less stable than 200 pro for the CAD software i run...

have you notices the higher score in sandra translate to better performance in apps?

maxx

hard to tell really....this computer is so much faster than my 2nd rig which I was used to....

which was no slouch..

OK, I am building a rig for this cat and as of last night had no idea what I had in front of me. I read this post and thought HMMM the build I just did, which BTW still in my presence has a 3.0 chip. No way!!!! it was also a SL6WU, L401A289 batch. I had a helluva a time getting it to boot because the dang thing didn't want to set right in the socket, but it was worth it. I immediately booted @ 3.8 running 35C idle. I am currently running @ 3.9 as we speak @ 1.65. My temps are 39.5 idle and to be around 50C under 100% folding load. The sensor reports high on the IC7 MAX3 so I am not to concerned about the temps just yet. I am also running Geil PC533 with a 5/4 divider so I am losing just a bit from that perspective. I am throwing the 2.4C (MO) into his rig and we are going to have to strike a deal cause I have a new Chip

Currently running 1:1 @ 3.8 via 1.625v. Seems stable, however I have nor tortured it yet. I am cooling my VC, Whitewater, and Northbridge via 1/2" tubing pushed by an Eheim 1250. All in all not a bad score and it didn't cost me a dime ;) Glad I hopped in here last night otherwise I would have never known, I mean my 2.4C was running 3.4 with the 5/4 divider so I honestly was content, but now I am even more content. CYA!

Back