• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just looking for some input on how to make my system better :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"SubPar" two things:
1. What in hale sort of anomoly was that Max CPU Vcore of 2.82Volts? I don't lay that off strictly to a software glitch. The VRM circuit on that board is not the most awesome. It might have thrown a high voltage spike for a split part of a second and HWMonitor 'tried' to record it and missed or maybe hit as the case might be. I would watch that Max Vcore since the LLC was strange on those non-R2.0 mobos.

2. Be nice to see the CPUz capture of the CPU Tab and the Memory Tab since we are not just multiplier clocking but also FSB clocking which drives all the other buss related speeds up as well. RGone...

EDIT:
Well crap I looked again at HWMonitor and saw that 1.15 Min voltage for the +12V rail of the power supply and also the Vin7 and Vin8 which have all thrown pretty large "flyers" of voltage. I wonder if the +12V rail of that power supply is wonky?
END EDIT.

LLC sucks in the m5a88v-evo board aswell...I can see that board doing the same thing. It massively overshoots vcore when on auto.

the 2.82 vcore is a software glitch, he might have ai suite installed and often that and hardware monitor running at the same time freaks things out a little, eg, my 65000 rpm fans.
on the psu, it should be fine, i run a [email protected] with a 7770 vid card and big cooling on a 500w unit.

the 2.82 vcore is a software glitch, he might have ai suite installed and often that and hardware monitor running at the same time freaks things out a little,t.

You're likely correct here, ai suite does some odd things. I didn't know it could bother HWMonitor but I can't even begin to guess how many times it has warned me that my CPU is at -171 degrees Celsius(My Hyper 212 Plus is the best!) or operating at 2.xx volts on my M5A97.

You're likely correct here, ai suite does some odd things. I didn't know it could bother HWMonitor but I can't even begin to guess how many times it has warned me that my CPU is at -171 degrees Celsius(My Hyper 212 Plus is the best!) or operating at 2.xx volts on my M5A97.

im deleting my ai suite right now

these are the cpuz cpu and memory tabs from my 4.4ghz attempt. also my ram runs at 1.65v at factory settings is that too high?

Attachments

• 44ghzmem.JPG
    44ghzmem.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 44ghz.JPG
    44ghz.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
uninstalled my ai suite and so far so good no crazy anomalus readings in HWmonitor :) i will keep watching for any weird stuff

uninstalled my ai suite and so far so good no crazy anomalus readings in HWmonitor :) i will keep watching for any weird stuff

C_D posted about that AI stuff maybe four months ago and I even talked with him by phone about it. Major sucketh and the worst is unless you know not to use it...it will do silly crap you cannot put your finger on and chase yourself in circles.

Don't even think tweaking with it only and not touching settings in bios would help, so I leave the heck off my CHV. RGone...

Last edited:
C_C posted about that AI stuff maybe four months ago and I even talked with him by phone about it. Major sucketh and the worst is unless you know not to use it...it will do silly crap you cannot put your finger on and chase yourself in circles.

Don't even think tweaking with it only and not touching settings in bios would help, so I leave the heck off my CHV. RGone...

So far so good no wacky min/maxs :thup: i like the speed its so much faster than 4.2

Back