• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just would like to take a quick poll of the best looking RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

There are 3 RAM modules I'm looking at. 1. G.Skill Trident Z Royal (chrome) 2.Corsair Dominator 3. Corsair Vengeance. Prefer RGB. :shock:

Of the three you listed I prefer the Corsair Vengeance RGB for looks but I've always been partial to G.Skill for overclocking.

If you had the G.Skill Trident Z RGB (non-Royal) in the mix, that would be my choice.

It's hard to directly compare as it depends on where you will install it, other components etc.
For me, the RGB effect is the best on the TridentZ Royal while the Dominator Platinum - white or special edition, looks the best. The Vengeance feels like a cheaper product.

If I wanted to install it on any colorful rig or more silver/black theme, then I would pick TridentZ Royal. If I wanted to install it on black/white or any non-metallic, then I would pick Dominators.
There are also other brands and series but I don't know if you want great looking RAM at reasonable specs or something from the fastest series and the best looking RGB at the same time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's going in your PC...

For me... if I wanted rgb bling, tbe Royale kit hands down. But it depends on my build theme as woomack mentioned.

I don't like the look of the doms (and they tend to be overpriced last i looked years ago), and the vengy rgb I dont like the look.

Last edited:
There are 3 RAM modules I'm looking at. 1. G.Skill Trident Z Royal (chrome) 2.Corsair Dominator 3. Corsair Vengeance. Prefer RGB. :shock:

You hadnt listed this RAM, but I've had great results with it. It OC's to 3600Mhz easily. I'm running my CPU at 5.1 GHZ and this G.SKill 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V sticks. I even added another 2x 8GB and the RAM is still running at 34600Mhz like a champ. Right now 2x8GB can be found for under $60 on Amazon. These can easily go higher than 3600Mhz...right now they are hitting 3600Mhz just on the auto OC feature built into my mobo. I highly recommend them despite not being RGB sticks.

Personally i like hyperx rgbs the best but of those three id have to say the corsair vengeance look the best if in a wced rig with non rgb block or a non rgb heatsink. The royals look best complimenting a rgbed heatsink/block and the doms...come in a distant 3rd for me. They are still nice just not as nice.

Back