• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K finally got my 980 BE with hyper evo 212+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FinalBoss

Registered
right now idle is 33 C, and after playing a game like BF3 that uses quad core the highest I get is 43 C

SOOOOO
I want to overclock this puppy and just see how far it can go :)

I imagine 4.2 is the limit since after a lot of reading that's about as far anyone else gets with just a 212+

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/cpuphenom980.jpg/

BTW i read the post below mine since the guy had the same set-up. so far just by using the multiplier, 2000 NB/2000 hyper, I can get up to 4 ghz and run prime95 stable, temps dont exceed 45 (note I'm a noob with prime, i just do blend test but it doesn't seem to be running 4 cores at once... I dunno lol)

also I'm leaving my memory at 1333 since I have read a lot that these phenoms can't handle a 1600 mhz. but I will probably set my steps back to 8/8/8/21/31 when i'm done (something like that, can't remember what I had before lol) but i'm not going to overclock my ram until I get a good speed going with my cpu.

Last edited:
I expect the thead about 980BE you mentioned as 'below' yours was the one linked below. "Trents" has already walked him thru the screen captures needed and the memory speed and NB/CPU speed and "X" voltage increases needed in general. The answers are there and only need to be applied to your setup.

OC on my new 980 BE

right now idle is 33 C, and after playing a game like BF3 that uses quad core the highest I get is 43 C

SOOOOO
I want to overclock this puppy and just see how far it can go :)

I imagine 4.2 is the limit since after a lot of reading that's about as far anyone else gets with just a 212+

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/cpuphenom980.jpg/

BTW i read the post below mine since the guy had the same set-up. so far just by using the multiplier, 2000 NB/2000 hyper, I can get up to 4 ghz and run prime95 stable, temps dont exceed 45 (note I'm a noob with prime, i just do blend test but it doesn't seem to be running 4 cores at once... I dunno lol)

Disable Turbo, C1E, C6 and Cool N Quiet. Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. I think what you see is the effect of Turbo boost which is rather a misnomer since it only speeds up some of the cores but not all of them at the same time.

also I'm leaving my memory at 1333 since I have read a lot that these phenoms can't handle a 1600 mhz. but I will probably set my steps back to 8/8/8/21/31 when i'm done (something like that, can't remember what I had before lol) but i'm not going to overclock my ram until I get a good speed going with my cpu.

Back