• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Bios By Honey X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
four4875 said:
i ran cheapo, then honey-X. honey X was stable at 150*13 on my 2100, while cheapo all i could get was 147. and cheapo didnt boot from the ATA controller.

cheap boards are not cheap for nothing, few days ago coler just fall of my socket on ECS mobo; socket broke hit 3 theets :) just like that, without any warning..

Legend911...

I had a problem with my ECS K7S5A board not allwing me to boot also... I had to switch the power supply switch to the off position after I shut down every time and then switch it back and boot...

Maybe work for you?

well here's something. if you dont like the splash-screen in cheapo's, then just turn it off in the bios. 'Totally forgot you could do that lol

K7S5A

Even after all my cussing with it I am still using this thing with my other two computers. I use it for FTP Server, AOL IM, and Folding for Team 32. At least it can do that. I get it restarted by just plainly presses the power button on and off until I get that wonderful system beep that tells me it wants to boot up. and restart it until it recognizes my cd-rw drive. Doesn't take as long as it used to though.

BUMP

it a great bios, and honey x and Oken are very very helpful, much more so than the losers over at oc workbench. :rolleyes:

are you in bed with those guys or something? you've just gone too far wraith.

They are doing something you never can.Exactly how are they losers?

They ban people just for mentioning Honey X, go ahead, try it. Cheepomon, in my experience is not a nice person. Honey X Actualy lustnes to you and will mod his bios for you. Try gettting cheepo to do that. That and whenever i try to use cheepos bios' i crash every hour or so, with honeys bios im 100% stable.

By the way, does Cheepo have a k7s5a pro bios out yet ;)

james.miller said:
. YOU are a minority, NOT the majority. What right does that give you to go flaming him? none whatsover. [/B]

So mister miller, What are you trying to say that being in the minority makes you wrong. Just because more people use Intel chips does that mean all of us should throw out our AMD's, or they are all junk?

I agree that whatever works for you, works for you. Who cares what most people are using, some of us prefer to be leaders not followers.

Also tech support from people who care is hard to come by these days, and worth alot.

spoken81 said:

So mister miller, What are you trying to say that being in the minority makes you wrong. Just because more people use Intel chips does that mean all of us should throw out our AMD's, or they are all junk?

I agree that whatever works for you, works for you. Who cares what most people are using, some of us prefer to be leaders not followers.

Also tech support from people who care is hard to come by these days, and worth alot.

when did i say it makes him wrong? i didnt. what makes him wrong, is that he basically called those people idiots because he is one of the few people who happen to have a problem with cheapo's bios.

"few people". that means minority. which also means he has no right to say those things. If the made a gainward-style cockup and the bios didnt work for 90% of its users and/or caused major hardware problems then yes, mabey it could be justified.

How the heck you got THAT from my posts i dont know:rolleyes:

150FSB wont boot problem

linlibj said:
I had tried both cheepoman and Honey X bios. I think they are about the same. Like you, I just managed to run at 147fsb, at 150 it won't boot.

I had this then one day i changed the speed at which the sdram drivers at from normal to fast on both options ...and strangly it worked now boots up at 150 everytime...
Although some times it seems to lock up as windows starts but think this is a seperate problem due to my own stupidity,,,if this works for you please post back as all would like to know ,,

system is :-
amd 1800xp clocked to 2100xp using honeyx bios(set at 150/150)
(i did how ever buy a factory unlocked cpu)
120gig hard drive
128mb gforce4 mx440 ddr vid card
various cd roms

Back