• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KFWS with Static IP and Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stftk_137

Registered
hi I have an IP that changes every time I re connect now im not sure if that is Static or Dynamic but anyways I am trying to set up the Web Server KFWS and I have a Router...now I have the KFWS installed on my computer but there is my host computer that has the router hooked up to it..downstairs..which is letting only me see my page, I want everyone to see it...please help.

i prefer no-ip.com as they have a web port 80 redirect feature, because as in some cases(like mine) your ISP wont allow you to serve on port 80 to the outside world.

KFWS is some good light footprint software, i was running it for a while, but since then i have moved solely to Abyss X2(http://www.aprelium.com/)
X1 is free and will allow you to serve one site on it. X2 costs 59.95 for one years worth of updates and has several added features in it(like running as many sites as you wish)

the interface and setup time is where i declare abyss the winner between the 2(although, out of all the server software out there, they are both my favorites [abyss and kfws])

some people live by apache, but my server isnt as stout as i would like so i need something with smaller footprint, with an ease of use, and a host of features that i 'need'

Back