• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kill coil partially covering pump feed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

I redid my watercooling loop to add a drain and fill port and moved resevoir to allow longer gpus; gtx1180 per say lol

Previously my kill coil fit into the put of the res but got stock on the fitting and stuck there. So I widened the kill coil so that wouldnt happen, and now the side of the coil is on the out of the res.

Do you guys think this would cause an issue? Picture for reference.

Attachments

• 20180601_182757-2221x2088.jpg
    20180601_182757-2221x2088.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Don't think it will be a problem but make sure you aren't running any Nickel plated blocks and are ok with oxidization on copper.

Here we go aging with your BS on Nickel plated blocks and silver.
This is only a problem with the crappy Nickel plated blocks ek made and other sub par crap blocks you get from china. And copper will oxidize even when using those oh so grate premixed coolants you push if you don't flush regularly or use cheap brass rads. Not that the oxidization effects anything other then looks.

On a side note. OP silver is not the best biocide, It works but only if you use your system regularly. Look into copper sulfate if you ever want to make a switch to something better.

Last edited:
Bill and his ek hate! calm down man it isnt attack dog day! koolance and ek will tell you to avoid silver and nickel in your loop with their blocks. Your best bet is to follow the manufacturers guidelines on their blocks. hit em up with an email if you cant find any info (xspc im looking at you). personally i go with petras tech- phn biocide and distilled water. nickel blocks, copper/brass rads and chromed barbs. ive been running that mix for years without any issues. well that i didnt bring on myself. like not flushing my loop for 5 years :D flush your loop once a year at least(sooner if you see crud) and youll be fine.
annnnyhooo back to your original question. it should be fine. it wont hinder flow any. just stretch the coil out so it will stay put.

I redid my watercooling loop to add a drain and fill port and moved resevoir to allow longer gpus; gtx1180 per say lol

Previously my kill coil fit into the put of the res but got stock on the fitting and stuck there. So I widened the kill coil so that wouldnt happen, and now the side of the coil is on the out of the res.

Do you guys think this would cause an issue? Picture for reference.

Your initial gut instinct was you had a problem or you wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

The coil is definitely partially blocking flow as your picture clearly shows, so remove the top, fish it out with a wire of some kind, and fix the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go aging with your BS on Nickel plated blocks and silver.

Your ignorance is showing again!

Last edited:
Back