• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston RAM with GA-G41M-Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EGAJohn

Registered
I have a Kingston HyperX Blu 1x4Gb DDR3-1333 module with a Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo mobo with a Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 and this module is brand new as a replacement from Kingston and when I put it in the slot the computer wont boot. I also have a Samsung ddr3 1333 2gb module that works fine. Both companies (Kingston & Gigabyte) said this was compatible but it's not working out. Any help?

With the 4GB module inserted in the DIMM slot closest to the socket, reset CMOS and then load optimized defaults.

If you RMA the Kingston, be sure to talk with higher level tech support and go into some detail with them about how you've tested the memory in several motherboards :D because that seems to cause Kingston to send out higher quality or more thoroughly tested RAM than their regular products. Lots of Kingston retail RAM has failed on me but not any of that special RMA stuff.

Ok because someone said that my processor may not support the RAM and may need to be overclocked to 1333. Can this be a factor?

http://ark.intel.com/products/36528/82G41-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller-Hub

This implies a motherboard chipset limitation is DDR3 1066 (IE 1333).
INTEL page for E5700 does not specify memory controller facts. Looking finds there is no on chip memory controller, it is on the motherboard. FSB is limited to 800.

"Comments" show 2+2 GB support.
Amazon lists "Quantum" brand certified for GA-G41M-combo motherboard single 4 GB DDR3 1066 PC1333 MEMORY .

which would indicate it should work.

So technically it should automatically work? And should i still try to oc the FSB to 1333 from 800? Is that a safe oc? And another thing i noticed was when i was looking at the system specs for my mobo the ram said the fsb was 800, 1066, 1333* (OC) what does the 1333* OC mean exactly?

Last edited:
I still never got around to resolving the issue. Is my RAM compatible? Do I need to overclock anything? What settings do I need to change?

I still never got around to resolving the issue. Is my RAM compatible? Do I need to overclock anything? What settings do I need to change?

Kingston HyperX Blu 1x4Gb DDR3-1333 module...is brand new as a replacement from Kingston and when I put it in the slot the computer wont boot. I also have a Samsung ddr3 1333 2gb module that works fine.
If a 1333 MHz Samsung works in that motherboard, why shouldn't a 1333 MHz Kingston work? It can't be the size difference because of that 4GB Samsung working fine in my very similar ECS G41T-M7.

Can you borrow some DDR3 RAM?

Last edited:
I'm lost but I'm going to sell or trade the RAM for another that will work with my system.

bro this is your lucky day i have the solution just minutes ago i do answer my solution in the forum of Gigabyte :

I have the same motherboard GA-G41M-COMBO and also I had the same problem, i did buy two memory moduls ADATA AXDU1333GB2G9-3G, just i do think this kind of memory will be working fine in my motherboard because are inside of specs of Mobo.

Here's what happened i did install the two new modules of DDR3 ADATA 1333 and the motherboard just can not boot anything this just kept beeping without any possibility of go inside of BIOS, and then like there was not way to select some option like *Default Settings*, so I assumed than i should delete the BIOS settings through CLR_CMOS jumper and so I try (and even retire the battery) but it did not work and the mobo kept beeping after the clearing of settings, the which is something very strange as this motherboard should support DDR3.

But then happened something very strange here, you see how before i was using two modules of DDR2 both of 1GB and like this still work for my I do have the idea of do downgrade to another bios one older than the last than i do have flashed in the mobo and after of make this and only so finally the motherboar was capable of can boot with the new memory DDR3.

To here that was my solution, but then i do assume something will be wrong with the last bios provided by gigabyte and to confirm this i just think i was be easy prove just i will reflash again the last bios with the new DDR3 Modules working and after this the Motherboard logically would not boot and so i make it, but I had a big surprise when this time with the bios than before cant get work now it do work nicely..

Someone understand where was the problem, but all this was my sulution hope to someone this info be useful... =)

Sorry for my poor inglish, cheersss!!!!!

Witam bardzo!
Goodram 2x4gb ddr3-1333 dual chanel 1.5V (moduły dwustronnie instalowane, 8x256), dzisiaj instalowałem po resecie biosu, działa bez problemowo!!!
Płyta w rev.2 bios aktualizacja do F4, Intel Pentium E5200, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 730 Ti, zasilacz "Tagan" 650W.
Nie było jeszcze robione OC, ale na jednej 4GB 1333 OC @3.13 GHz, jutro zadziałam z OC na 8GB to dam znać o efektach.Reset biosu to zworką się robi nie trzeba 30-to minutowej dłubaniny z bateryjką =?.
Pozdrawiam,
Piotr 1-wszy.

Witam bardzo!
Goodram 2x4gb ddr3-1333 dual chanel 1.5V (moduły dwustronnie instalowane, 8x256), dzisiaj instalowałem po resecie biosu, działa bez problemowo!!!
Płyta w rev.2 bios aktualizacja do F4, Intel Pentium E5200, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 730 Ti, zasilacz "Tagan" 650W.
Nie było jeszcze robione OC, ale na jednej 4GB 1333 OC @3.13 GHz, jutro zadziałam z OC na 8GB to dam znać o efektach.Reset biosu to zworką się robi nie trzeba 30-to minutowej dłubaniny z bateryjką =?.
Pozdrawiam,
Piotr 1-wszy.
13petros, to jest forum znajomość języka angielskiego, a większość naszych członków nie mówią po polsku (w tym ja). Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy ze sprzętem komputerowym, chciałbym zaproponować szuka forum, że mówi po polsku, w przeciwnym razie będziemy mieć ograniczoną pomocne dla Ciebie.

13petros, to jest forum znajomość języka angielskiego, a większość naszych członków nie mówią po polsku (w tym ja). Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy ze sprzętem komputerowym, chciałbym zaproponować szuka forum, że mówi po polsku, w przeciwnym razie będziemy mieć ograniczoną pomocne dla Ciebie.
LOL It's official Thiddy has lost his marbles :screwy:!

Back