• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT600 DRAGON Plus questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, no problem. I just wish I had had someone around when I found all this stuff out. Good luck and gimme some stats when you can...if you can keep it stable or course.

i have a locked 2400+ with the same mobo and the best i could get out of it was 2.17 with my fsb set at 145 thats all i know.. lol

I have backed off of the O/C for a few months now. I am running stock at present. I guess if any games were getting laggy i might be tempted to O/C again...at present everything runs "ticketedy boo" :thup:

I may have to give in my O/C membership card and peel the racing stripes off my case :burn:

I eventually got mine up to 2.30. Since you have a locked CPU tho, I doubt you will get that high. If you go to get another Athlon XP, get the moblie ones, those always come unlocked, and therefor OC better.

2 cents

the soyo boards are reliable and fast at stock speeds for the kt600, however, the good nvidia dual channel boards are faster @ stock speeds than the via kt600.

also, the better dual channel boards a have better oc'ing......that's why i went from the soyo kt600 to the abit nf7-s v2.

the kt600's don't have an agp/pci lock whereas the nvidia boards do.

so if you want to oc, then i'd go w/one of the dual channel, otherwise you will probably be limited in oc'ing.

*once again as already pointed out, the new board won't help (at least very much) if your cpu is locked*

XP-M 2600+ with KT600 Dragon Plus V1.0

I've got a KT600 Dragon Plus V1.0 with a XP Mobile 2600+ that I've been too busy to get running. I've got a stick of 512MB PC2700 ram and an SATA 7200RPM 120GB disk.

Suggestions for how to set the CPU up? I can see if I just run stock 266 FSB, I'll have to jumper the CPU and I don't think I really want to deal with that. It seemed that there were jumpers that could be set, but those don't seem to be working. I'm not interested in extreme overclocking, but I figure I can go 333 FSB fairly easily, but just need a hint on how to deal with the jumpers. It's not very intuitive. Makes me think good thoughts about my old Abit BP6.

Anyone know if the boot from LAN option is actually a PXE boot? The K7VME board I bought actually has a working PXE boot, but the Dragon Plus V1.0 doesn't seem to actually PXE boot.

I have the same MOBO gonna buy a 512 stick of PC320 for it now I just need to decide on the CPU. here are my options 35w 2400+ mobile, 45w 2400+ mobile, 2500+ mobile, 2600+ mobile or 2500+, 2600+ desktop. So confused as to which is best for this board and OC.

Hey... Greetings. I really would like some input from The First Veteran's Battalion Seabee. I am a friends and family monster builder, yet I have zero o'clocking experience. I want to get started. I know the initial thread here is about the Dragon Plus, but let me tell you what I have. Dragon KT-600 Ultra Platinum/AXDA2000DUT3C (running stock, 133x12.5=1.667GHz)/Antec True Blue 480W/Tt Volcano12/Chaintech FX5700Ultra (I know the core and memory speeds are fast, something like 450/900MHz)/Seagate 40GB ATA100 7200 IDE/additional front intake and rear exhaust fans/WinXP Pro/Plextor 48/24/48 CDRW. Okay so that is enough without me boring you with sleeving and led mods. I am just damn serious about getting this o'clocking ball rolling. Seabee, when you get back online, could you give me a hand here?

Back