• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large amounts of Vista Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lynn Bo

Registered
:santa: Well I am in the throughs of so many Vista problems I don't know where or what to do next. I'm not looking for help right now but was wondering if there is anyone else with all these problems beside me.

Ok will not go down the list yet but I have

710 Error messages.
460 Warning Messages.
11,499 Corrupted Installation messages.

Yes this is a new install with, x1950 ATI, 2 xeon quad core cpu's, 8-HD's, Roxio creator 9, Nero 7.6 Ultra, MS office, Thomas Register, Libronix Digital Lib system, iTunes, Mech. Desktop 6, BF2, Supreme Commander.

Now with these few programs I have all this trouble.

Is this common with Vista??????????????
Is anyone else in the same boat????????

Do you think they will ever get this straightened out??????

Added this part to see is anyone has that problem?/

ATI not a problem
Mechanical Desktop not a problem
Nero not a problem
Creator 9 not a problem
SCSI raid not a problem
iTunes not a problem
Digital Lib. not a problem
office not a problem

it almost looks like MS itself is the problem with IE7 and the Mail program? Don't know for shure yet tho.

Some of the problem looks like Intel 5000X chipset drivers. I keep getting error

Intel 5000 seres chipset error reporting registers- 25f0

Last edited:
No, I haven't had nearly that amount of problems. Maybe try a re install?

That was the 3 install already and the same thing always happens.

Vista Ultra retail install.

The only program I have in common with you is Office2003. That works fine for me though. I guess first thing I'd do is test memory. If that comes out ok, check for other people that have compatibility issues with the same applications. If there aren't many, then my next guess is a bad DVD, or a hardware incompatibility :confused: .

I would reinstall and only install 1 or 2 programs a day to see which gives you the problems. I think Itunes is the source of all your problems.(kidding)

killermiller said:
I would reinstall and only install 1 or 2 programs a day to see which gives you the problems. I think Itunes is the source of all your problems.(kidding)

I would certainly do as KillerMiller has said. If at all possible, you never want to start installing numerous softwares to a new OS before fully running it through its paces and getting all updates necessary. As for iTunes 7.1.1.5, I just installed it along with the lastest Quicktime player. Microsoft has some additional drivers available at their website for iTunes and Vista. I installed both updates and I can tell you that in my system, which is in my sig, iTunes totally rocks. I could not be more happy with this latest iTunes, and the final drivers are not even out yet.

Been running vista since Jan and so far its been OK-ish.

Initially there were some drivers missing and the drivers that were avaulable were most plain crap.

Nvidia had crappy drivers. Creative...still not forgiven them...gits...then I discovered VMware beta 6...I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!

I run all my 'xp' stuff inside a vmware...and I mean almost everything...

Maybe u should try it out because before VM vista was so unstable for me but now its pretty ok most of the time and on the odd occasion it does crash its usually me doing something it does'nt like...I can put most these down to the drivers though - which even now seem to be lacking in quality.

Also...I was having some really irratating problems with xfi drivers but fixed that by taking off the exclusive and the priority options on the sound card.

Anyways...u can always try compatibility settings, etc and config uac for better stability (on default settings its got a habit of killing almost everything and pi**ing me off).

Now here is the stange thing...my baby sis is running vista with almost zero tech know-how and amazingly her pc is all her apps installed and runs totally stable...she must have magical powers because her xfi card also works better than mine...

"Roxio creator 9, Nero 7.6 Ultra"

I have never known for these 2 programs to ever get along when both installed since as far back as Adaptec owning the software.

Back