• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD to RGB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Is there any way to create an converter to connet and 5" LCD to a RGB monitor output? I know partexpress has some lcd color modules, but could i get them working?

I dont want to use a tv out since the resolution i will get is not what i'm looking for!!

Any Ideas?

But would it be able to get better resolution if connected to a RGB? Is it possible

deadzone said:
But would it be able to get better resolution if connected to a RGB? Is it possible
If the LCD is only able to display 640x480 it won't matter. That's TV resolution. There's no way to make an LCD go higher than its rated resolution.

What are the capabilities of the 5" LCD in question?

There's no such thing as a VGA capable 5" LCD. Even 9" VGA capable screens are rare, so don't get your hopes up.

Figure out the model number of the screen you have, then start poking around to find an NTSC video controller that is made for your screen.

Slug the people of xenarc have a real compatible 7" LCD
800 x 600 screen. I have cotacted them for distribution prices but they are very expensive

Back