• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leds suddenly dimmed, lack of "life"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

Hey guys .

I recently bought 3mm and 5mm leds, and also a led strip for my case.

It was lacking enough power to light the whole case so I grabbed another strip.

Since then my pc was off and unplugged for 2-3 weeks.

Once I got it a few weeks after I notice how intense it is compared to the others.
I then decide to look up pictures from the system. From a few weeks back. And there is indeed a difference in the intensity. Both in my led strip and individual leds.

I try swapping connection locations. Removing additional devices, connecting it to fan controller and set it to 100%. But nothing.

Do they die that often ? Did I did something wrong, am I just imagining?

Attached before and after, notice the reservoirs change.

Also one was taken with lights on. And the other with them off , so I'm darkening the room now and the led is even less noticeable .

Please excuse grammar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Some cheap LEDs fade, especially if you're running them at a higher than spec current.

You wouldn't be referring to XSPC sleeved leds would you? As nice as they are when you use them for the first time, you will notice after a week they've already started dimming. Best route is to make your own with some quality LED bulbs you can pick up from an e-store that specializes in lighting and DIY projects.

You wouldn't be referring to XSPC sleeved leds would you? As nice as they are when you use them for the first time, you will notice after a week they've already started dimming. Best route is to make your own with some quality LED bulbs you can pick up from an e-store that specializes in lighting and DIY projects.

Yes they are xspc. But un sleeved.
Also happened with some led strip I got from ebay.

What e-store you would recommend? Led brand, current/amperage, etc

Its uv lights

If you want UV lights, my recommendation would be shopping abroad for Akasa. There really are no good reliable CCFL makers for the pc world anymore it seems. AC Ryans were the best kits around, but sadly they are no more. In my search the only thing that kept decency was Akasa. There have been those with good luck at Oznium and even Sunbeam, but ones that last are few and far between.

If you want to stick to strips, you can pick up strips from SuperBrightLeds.com or HitLights.com.
http://www.hitlights.com/led-light-strips.html
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/flexible-strips-and-bars/
(From the looks of it HitLights doesn't offer UV, but SBL does)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1246458/easy-cheap-led-case-lighting

For an example with pictures of what a user did over at OCN. As far as LED bulbs go, I don't remember the site, but I'm sure a quick google search will give you places to purchase single LEDs as well if you want a hand at DIY, 3mm I believe to fit your Raystorm block. I'm the wrong person to ask about that subject though, as I only did it once in an old build, and I had followed a guide to do so with links for that matter. I'm sure someone here can chime in to help though :)

Just like someone said before try some quality LEDs, I got some similar problems with my cheap LED strips before, superbrightleds are great ( sobe said before! )And some recommendation from me are Lighting Ever and Cree. Like this and Cree here Now they are my favorite.
New one here, correct me if I am wrong. ;)

Back