• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Legacy Overclocking the Asus P5Q3 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hope it helps!!

Happy new year two, for you and all the members of Overclockers!!:santa2::santa2::santa2:
This is the original Asus Bios Rom ver:2105,
(Last stand)..downloaded from the Asus Support Servers and full virus checked by my AV Software.
Than modded by me ,with the latest Xeon X Series supported Microcodes. It costs only 3- 4 of the oldest, but not really often used Microcodes in these days, their space for the new ones :thup:
I took this Mod on a Asus EZ update zip and loaded it up directly on the bios before the OS is starting... I think, i hear about to do it like this, to really ensure you got a clean override of the old bios datas.
Pls: make a full bios reset with unfixing the 3V Batterie and operate a clear_Cmos with your Bord jumper. After this Pls. wait 5 min to make sure everything is out of voltage and then put the batterie back on your bord and set the jumper back. After this , installing the new Bios on the board with the EZ Utility tool on your Bios. And be for shure, it runs like hell , if you put the Cpu Adapter on it on the right way.
I'm using a special type of custom X5470 with 2 more kerbs on both CPU sides, made by a pro engine on it, to insert the chip more safely on a LGA 775 board and without destroying the normal fittings of the socket. So it fits without any problemon every lga775 and their normal 771 socket...very usefull i think. The Adapter was also installed from a professional hand so i got the great opportunity to bring this setting to work..so i hope you got one of these CPUs too, or you are very carefull by the installation. So lets see if/how it works and mail me back.

Attachments

• P5Q3-DLX-Xeon-Flashed-Ver.2105.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
I have attached a picture of the mod sticker on the Xeon 5470. Do you think it looks good? I cannot get the camera to focus better. Maybe I can try again during daylight.

Attachments

• CAM001712.jpg
    CAM001712.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 444
Thank you for the bios mod!

I have tried a 2nd Xeon with a new sticker and I cannot get to post. The board kicks on, the fans turn on etc. However the computer does not boot.

I will purchase a magnifying glass to inspect my socket pins, just to make sure there was no damage to them when removing tabs. From what I can tell I did not break any. Plus My E6800 cpu boots.

Last edited:
Back