• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lepa 1600 or EVGA 1300 G2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wata

Hello, I am in need of a new power supply. I am considering either the Lepa 1600 or the EVGA 1300 G2 at the moment. Here is my current setup:

Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard
Intel 4770k @ 4.6Ghz per core 1.26 core voltage
16Gb's 2400Mhz ram
Dual EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified video cards
SSD boot and twin 2GB black HD's.

Powering this setup currently is a Silverstone Strider 1500W power supply. I'm not getting very decent performance from my EVGA Classified 780 TI card ( have not yet installed the second card). I'm thinking the 25amp per rail is hurting my ability to overclock this card?

So my question is which power supply is best: Lepa 1600 or the EVGA 1300 G2? Or should I be considering a different power suppply entirely? Or can I possibly use my current lower amp multi-rail power supply somehow?

You(OP) are also assuming that the strider is a true multi rail and OCP is set to 25A. And if it is, see above.

Anyway, I would happily run that setup on a 850W PSU all day long... and overclocking both the card and GPU's (saying you are not modifying the bios and going for more voltage/power limit on the GPUs).

Last edited:
I'm pulling more than 850 watts with a single card on my kill-a-watt already and have a second card to add

How do I tell if my supply is a true multi-rail? Or if it will actually supply enough amps for my cards?

I will be loading a 3rd party bios soon on each card, waiting for my chiller and waterblocks to arrive.

I have no idea how you are pulling 850W at the wall with that setup. It doesn't make sense.

The card is 250W, maybe 275W on a stock bios and overclocked to the moon. Your CPU, even at 5Ghz wont be pulling 200W. So where is the other 300W+ coming from? You have your monitor included or something?

As far as if its a true multi-rail, find a review on it, perhaps from jonny guru and see what it says.
EDIT: Looks like it is. As Mr. Scott said, distribute the load (instruction manual to show you what is what?)...

Last edited:
What are you using to run everything at max to see that voltage? That just seems too high to me. The card I don't believe can pull over 300w (probably less) and there is no way the rest of your system can pull that much. That is unless you did some huge voltage mods on the card.

Edit it looks that if you use all of the pcie connectors it could possibly pull 450w but I believe still under extenuating circumstances. I don't think the other psus would make any difference.

I found this in that jonnyguru review that would apply perfectly here...
And with a 25A limit on each rail, it is very unlikely you'll run into the overcurrent protection, And if you do, with four 12V rails dedicated to only PCI-E connectors, you can always start combining, as this unit draws its 12V water from one big pool.
Like Mr. Scott said, divide em up... they will not be using 600W each with chilled water cooling. ;)

Last edited:
Folding on the GPU/CPU is when I see the highest watts on the meter.

I have four B-gears 140mm fans the 3.5 static pressure fans, a 120mm B-gears fan. A Coolermaster Nepton pump. That's all I'm using other than my listed components.

I connected two individual PCI-E wires into the dual 8-pin connections on the video card.

I'll keep this power supply if it is sufficient I guess. I had some people telling me to switch to a PSU with a large amperage single 12v rail as my multi-rail didn't have sufficient amp's to feed a card that needs 50+ amps overclocked. That's when I came here to ask.

As for power draw, do I have a faulty component or something that's drawing too much power possibly?

I had some people telling me to switch to a PSU with a large amperage single 12v rail as my multi-rail didn't have sufficient amp's to feed a card that needs 50+ amps overclocked.
Myth. 99% of the time a single rail PSU is no better than a multi rail. It's just easier because you don't have to think about load balance.

I'm thinking the 25amp per rail is hurting my ability to overclock this card?

That's not the way a multi rail PSU works. If you were running up against the multi rail overcurrent protection, the unit would simply shut down for protection. There's no voltage sagging or other funny business.

It's like circuit breakers in a house. Either you have power at the ends of the wires or the breaker trips and you don't.

If you really want a new PSU, the EVGA will perform better at the 1300W level than the Lepa will.

No if this PSU is fine I'll keep it. I certainly don't want to spend more money for no reason. It doesn't shut down on me, it does fine that way, so I'm assuming i have enough power then by going by what you say.

I have four separate plug in spots on my power supply dedicated to PCI-E for the video cards. I have two right now plugged into each socket on my single GTX 780 Ti Classy, and the other two I will plug into my second card when it arrives in a few days and I guess I should be more then fine it sounds like.

Thanks for the info, saved me from wasting money on a power supply I don't even need.

I can't seem to overclock as far as other cards like mine, it's frustrating. Maybe I got a low OC'er..

Well considering it's a different PCB with supposed designs toward overclocking I was certainly expecting more.. I'll see if my second card does better before I blame the card though. Maybe I'm just plain doing something wrong.

If it's the classie that won't overclock as far, you may have gotten a good one. Unfortunately for you in this case, a good classie is not good for air OCing.
Classies are not built for air OCing.
Classies are not built for water OCing.
Classies are built for Dry Ice (-79°c) and LN2 (-196°c) OCing.
Cores that OC well on air often do not do well on LN2.
Cores that OC well on LN2 don't generally do well on air.

I think I got it too overclock finally..

12225 in Firestrike. Is that decent?

Last edited:
Seems about right, yep! I asusme you confirmed the clocks are holding and not throttling?

Yep I have Precision displaying on my Logitech G19's LCD and no throttling, I also do not see any in the logs.

Back