• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets try out this CryptoCurrency thing - Ethereum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you need different wallets for the different coins?

If it's web based there are places you can have multiple in the same wallet but stand alone wallets on your PC I'm only aware of specific wallets for each coin.

You can use something like Exodus that basically combines wallets into a single dashboard. But no matter what there are separate wallets for every coin as the naming/hash is different between them all.

Did some reading on Exodus and seems some of the fees are nuts. It does look very convenient but
I sent 0.054 btc from exodus to binance and i got only 0.0378. Exodus charged me 0.016 btc or nearly 30% in transaction fees.
Exodus admitted they had to impose steep charges because of some crap bottlenecks.

Did some reading on Exodus and seems some of the fees are nuts. It does look very convenient but

uuugh, thats the nastiest fee ive ever seen ..

id rather keep some coin on exchanges than deal with such crap tbh .. i know its not safe, but this aint funny either; I recommend keeping coin like btc and etc in electrum wallets and ether in ether's native; but most have wallets, esp the ones based off btc since btc's native wallet is open source and can be used at will by copies

Yikes that is a nasty fee for Exodus.
I as well keep on exchanges but I don't have thousands invested in it so its peanuts compared to some.

wow that's a crazy fee. I hadn't tried it just saw it. I keep my coins on my ledger nano s wallets now, works well and safe.

wow that's a crazy fee. I hadn't tried it just saw it. I keep my coins on my ledger nano s wallets now, works well and safe.

Just googled that since I had no idea what it was but it's $200 here. I assume it holds anything? Has it's own address? Just curious as to how it works.

Sorry for clogging up your thread here Deathman

Ah hard wallet. Are there much fee's associated with something like this?

Just googled that since I had no idea what it was but it's $200 here. I assume it holds anything? Has it's own address? Just curious as to how it works.

Sorry for clogging up your thread here Deathman

You get your own wallet addresses for each of the coins.

explains it as well as I could on the setup and how it works.

You get your own wallet addresses for each of the coins.

explains it as well as I could on the setup and how it works.

Great vid. Thats pretty slick.
Was there something that made you choose this one over other hardware wallets?

Cost and size, it's super small compared to a Trezor. I got mine for around $80 on Aamzon before Christmas (wife bought it for me for xmas off of my wishlist) The only thing I wish it could do (not sure if the same limitation is there on others) is be able to hold onto more than a few coin wallets at once. You have to add/remove them from the device to add another (for example I have BTC/BCH/LTC, but want to add ETH I have to remve one and then can add ETH). I'm not sure what the hard limit is, but it's a handful of them. As I understand it re-adding the wallets after doesn't mean that you lose the coins as they are still stored/based on the private key of the device, but it's an extra step or two.

also, since NiceHash has been crap the past few days. i switched GLaDOS over to mine straight ETH.

300MH/s across 11 cards

I have a 12th, GTX 1060 3GB that i dont have anywhere to put just now. i'm planning to put together another server rack system for nvidia cards this time, just waiting on a couple more pieces then i'll move the 1060s from my gaming computer into the new case.

Yikes, quiet a bit of power you got going there with 11 cards.
Yeah my small time remote rig might get shut down after it finishes mining the little bit of Eth its working on. Too inefficient/loud and will be moving desk locations so can't necessarily have it causing to much noise. Nice little test setup though, maybe convert it when I bring it back home as looking at updating my main rigs case for future cooling/look methods in mind.

just snagged an MSI Gaming X 1080ti off Amazon for $769, woooo.

now the question is, put it in my gaming computer? or toss it in the mining computer. hmmmm

just snagged an MSI Gaming X 1080ti off Amazon for $769, woooo.

now the question is, put it in my gaming computer? or toss it in the mining computer. hmmmm

Put that gaming PC to use and use the cards to mine when not using it. I mean why not.

well I do want a 1080ti for my gaming computer, but I'd want it watercooled (need to buy a waterblock), and im kinf of partial to EVGA for that.

I've been holding out for an EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hydrocopper. will come with a block and save me a bit of money. Truly I want that FTW3 HC, but it's too long to fit in my case. need the 10.5" long card for my case.

and now that i look at it, newegg lists the MSI i just bought at 11.4" long so i guess that settles that debate lol.

And whadyaknow. The exact card I wanted popped up on EVGAs site just today and it stayed in stock long enough for me to grab one.

EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 HydroCopper. $929. Steep, but it comes with the waterblock, which I would have bought anyway, so it’s ok. But it’s a shame that EVGA raised the price $50 yesterday before it came back in stock :(

It’ll go into my watercooled GLaDOS rig, I’ll probably sell the 1080 FTW2, and the other 1080ti and 3x 1060s will go in their own case.

And whadyaknow. The exact card I wanted popped up on EVGAs site just today and it stayed in stock long enough for me to grab one.

EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 HydroCopper. $929. Steep, but it comes with the waterblock, which I would have bought anyway, so it’s ok. But it’s a shame that EVGA raised the price $50 yesterday before it came back in stock :(

It’ll go into my watercooled GLaDOS rig, I’ll probably sell the 1080 FTW2, and the other 1080ti and 3x 1060s will go in their own case.

Ouch yeah that does suck they jumped prices, 2 days ago it was in the mid 800's for WB cards.

Back