• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 26LX2R, HDMI & PC Connectivity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d.chatten

I am thinking of purchasing the LG 26LX2R LCD HDTV and was wondering if anyone knows if the HDMI port supports PC input, in other words can i connect my PC to the HDMI port using a DVI > HDMI adapter without getting overscan and sellect PC mode from the on screen display using the remote control.
Also how good is this TV's quality and picture, i know it supports PC input through the DVI port but i would still like to know if it is possible through the HDMI port without getting overscan in the same way as the DVI port.
It would be great if someone could also point me to a place i can download the manual for this TV because i can't seem to find it on the LG website.

Thanks!

As I understand it, HDMI is just DVI and digital audio wrapped in one cable, so it doesn't make any difference when you go between DVI and HDMI ports.

SpaceyWilly said:
As I understand it, HDMI is just DVI and digital audio wrapped in one cable, so it doesn't make any difference when you go between DVI and HDMI ports.
The problem is if the manufacturer hasn't implemented PC support through HDMI you end up with overscan and you can't see the taskbar and other parts of the screen unless you use the graphics card driver to adjust the amount of overscan, then you end up with a different resolution like 1200x668 and not the one you want such as 1360x768, 1366x768 or 1368x768.

Back