• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li PC-6070

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rassler

This is the silent case with the door in the front. I know that these cases are not great for OCing, but I dont plan on doing much of that so I dont think it will be a big problem. But still, is the air flow at least decent in these cases? I plan on adding a side intake and top blow hole. Also, they get their intake from slits in the bottom front correct? Are these slits filtered, if so, are they removable to be cleaned or could I mod a filter on there?
Does anyone have a reason why I definitely should NOT get this case?! Thanks

HERE IS THE CASE

EDIT: sorry, the reason this thread is in here and not "cases" is because I want input from you guys mostly concerning the air flow and cooling possibilities of this case.

Rassler,
The whole point of that particular model is the silence. They achieved this by buttoning it up tight, door gaskets, foam lining and the like.
By adding the blowhole and sidepanel fan you are effectively bypassing these features, so why not get a different model that is less restrictive to begin with?

I know that what I keep trying to convinse myself to do. The problem is I just really really like the look of the case!! lol

Thats what ppl's count on when they put a fresh paint job on a junk car..I go for function...Looks, you get used to..:) Like buying a pair of shoes to small, a constant pain in the HDD.

HAHAHA I dont really see how the shoe thing fits in, but I guess!
:D :D

I think that if I had that case ( I wish!) I'd seriously look at the Zalman Reserator as my main cooling solution....the concepts mesh together well, I think.

Thats really expensive, and way to hard for a college kid to be movin all around all the time. That Reserator is awsome though.

I have a black version of the 6070 that I'm going to use on a project that got put on hold (Got a dog thats eating up my money). I am biased to Lian Li and have a few of them but this case is really nice up close out of the box. Add a panflo blow hole fan and a cheap water setup and you can overclock without any worries (thats what I will eventually do with mine, Mental Note to Self: Next time get a small dog). Sure you can find a better case for air flow or has more bells and whistles, but why not get something YOU like the looks of and then have fun modding it to do what you want it to do. Just my opinion.

I mod, therefore I am.

I also have the black version of it. I've added an intake on the bottom of the case, removed the grill in the back, removed the filter in the front and installed less restrictive mesh grills for filters for the intakes. Oh yeah, I replaced all the case fans with panaflos. After all that work I get CPU: 36/42 CASE: 32/34. But thats with undervolting the cpu, before that I would get CPU temps in the mid 50s and case temps in the high 40s.

I've got the brushed aluminium version of this. In answer to all those who can state with happy moral superioirty that they go for function not looks (and you'd like kick Claudia Schiffer / supermodel of your choice out of bed as well huh? ;) ), see what happens when your wife states very firmly that the new computer case has to look pretty ... :rolleyes: Ya do what ya can with what ya got...

The case *is* restrictive on the air flow, but to be honest that's largely because of the astoundingly wimpy ADDA fans (3 x 80mm, one rear exhaust, two intakes from floor through filter) and the astonishingly chunky grills. The exhaust grill in particular ... :mad: it must block up >50% of the available area.

I've left the filter at the front in (I'm morally opposed to hunting dust bunnies :p ), replaced all the fans with thermally controlled SilenX, ripped out the back grill and been VERY careful with my wiring. The case will NOT approve of lazy wiring.

With ambient at 18C, non OCd 2800+ and passively cooled 20% OCd 9800, then using motherboard monitor idles at 34 / 27 (CPU / case), full load 47 / 33 (Prime95 Blend after 60 mins). So, reasonably respectable but yeah - not an oc's paradise. On the other hand, it is quiet!

Cheers

Back