• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lineage II - recuriting hardcore MMRPG players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It has been a while since the over 20-page long thread "Lineage 2 beta".

I am still on my original character on server 1 Bartz, now I am lvl 60. An elf silver ranger. The leader of the clan "Noble Vanguards", we are in the alliance of "Dominus". We Own Oren Castle.

here is a picture of my character armoed with Blue Wolf Leather Armor and Elven bow of Nobility in front of the throne of Oren Castle.
bwelvenbowofnobility2.jpg

Another picture of me and the leader of Forbidden Alliance in front of the throne of Giran Castle after we helped him took over Giran Castle from SoC/SoL alliance after a huge siege battle.
throne.jpg

Lots of events had happened on Bartz(the name of server 1) in the last 1 week.
(please read things in order, you might only need to read the first post of each thread for some of them, make sure check out all the pictures.

First Lance from Bluedragon alliance posted Aden(the capital of the "world" which is the last Castle that is still being controlled by NPC guards) will be taken by Bluedragon.
http://www.l2orphus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49559

Then Ernesto(leader of one of the clans inside) Dominus Alliance replied with will stop Bluedragon at Aden because the King of Aden sent him a letter.
http://www.l2orphus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50444

After making everyone think we Dominus alliance will show up at Aden, just 15 min. before registeration deadline we withdraw from Aden Siege and signed up at Giran Castle which was controlled by SoL/SoC alliance. Only 2 clans of SoL/SoC made to register before the deadline while 6 clans from we Dominus alliance, Forbidden alliance, Thor signed to attack.(require sign up to be able to set up a flag at siege for respawn, or you'll be send to second nearest town after respawn)

SoC leader posted after Giran being signed to attack
http://www.l2orphus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51154

Reports from Giran Siege
http://www.l2orphus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51446

Reports from Aden siege
http://www.l2orphus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51509

The funniest which I still can’t stop laughing at the screenshot posted by open (the NPC in the circle is the King of Aden which being killed by the attacking force of players after the fight)
Shot00017.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
Well here is the thing. Lineage II is a MMRPG with very good graphic. It takes lots of work to level up and upgrade items. The leveling might get boring after a long time, but it's all for the goals such as Castle Siege, take out boss monsters etc. 5 castles for taken. Bluedragon alliance controls Gludio, SoC/soL still own Dion after they lost Giran to Forbidden alliance. We Dominus alliance own Oren. Aden the capital of the "wolrd", which is too heavily guarded with tons of very high level NPC guards. None of the servers in North America has been able to take it yet. The highest boss monster is a huge dragon name Antharas which was only beaten once on Korean servers which are months ahead of us.

We need more active hardcore players for the clan. We lack of certain classes for "perfect party". Here is how it works. When I am alone with self buff only, for example I can only do 300 damage with soulshots on bloody queen which is a lvl 60 monster, 600 on critical hit with soulshots which the chance of critical for me is only 16% or so. With the buff from "perfect party", I can do critical over 43% chance, and when it's critical, the damage turn to 1800+ each hit. In order to form "perfect party", require some specific classes. Elf Swordsinger (MOST NEEDED. at lvl 49 gets song of hunter double critical chance), dark elf bladedancer (the dance will add tons more damage on critical hits), human prophet (focus - increase critical chance, deathwhisper - increase damage on critical hit, haste - increase attack speed, guidance - raise accuracy which will increase hit chance, prophet can also heal), Orc warcryer (As Important as swordsinger. Can do everything prophet can do execpt focus, but warcryer can buff the whole party at once which is way more efficient), dark elf elder (can do everything prophet can do execpt haste, but de elder can recharge mp for other players which is required in attack. elder can heal too).
Would also like to have human Bishop(not as good buffs as prophet, but can do better heal and rez), elf elder( can recharge mp and heal just like de elder). Plus some archers and other classes, the party will be perfect with those buffs above both in hunting and at siege.

Our clan is lvl 4, so the max is to have 40 players.(Dominus alliance has 5 clans now). My goal is to have the clan filled, and be able to form 4 perfect parties at siege for owntage. :)

Call for all hardcore players who will be able to play the game for over 25 hours a week at least.

We need
swordsinger
bladedancer
warcryer
prophet & bishop
de & elf elders

Would like to have 4 of each in order to have 4 perfect parties. Other classes are welcome too, but not as much needed.

It is going to be hard to level and upgrade equipments. Only hardcore with lots of free time will be able to level to lvl 40s~50s in a month or two.

Please post here if you are interested.(It's fine even for the people who never heard about the game) :) And state the classes you are going for. It is hard to get clanless high level decent level people, it is why I am looking into get new hardcore players into this game to join us.

Last edited:
Playing a Temple Knight, but on Lionna sadly. The demand for the TK as a group member will skyrocket in Chronicle 2 (update/patch), since the cubics will heal the whole party.
With a good clan supporting, its pretty easy to level, a friend of mine went from 26-40 in maybe 2 weeks. Bishop now.

Also, I wouldn't use L2orphus for any kind of communication if not absolutely necessary, the site advertises and support IGE.

I'd be interested in the Dark Elf Bladedancer,

What I'm curious of is what playtimes do you require/recommend? I have a lot of time, but it may be odd hours from the norm.

Edit: I almost forgot the important part, I would be starting out a fresh Level 1, I'd been whittling my time away on another server, and I'm semi new as well.

Feel free to IM me 8)

C

Well time zone doesn't matter if you have lots of time. :) Myself is in eastern US time. While others are all over the places. 2 other clans in the alliance are from Europe. 1 is from Germany, another I am not sure yet lol.

Siege weekend is every 2 weeks. Our Oren siege time is set to Sunday 7pm~9pm eastern. Well only if someone come to attack us. :) Giran siege is on Saturday 11pm~1am eastern.

The amount of time I mentioned is actually required for your own lvling, since this game is really hard to lvl...takes time and patient. Because of lvl gap, it's best to have people within 4 lvls to party with in most cases, unless you fight at a very hard area with a full group which will be fine for even 10 lvls difference. Hard means the mobs compare to your lvls.

As for your lvl, I can't party with you yet due to my lvl will suck away all xp until you can reach at least 49 or so. Meanwhile I hope everyone is so active can try to form parties on your own with clanmates first for daily hunting. It is required to improve relationships among clanmates. :) Don't have to party with clanmates since there are tons players out there, but as long as there are clanmates near your lvl online and hunting while you are doing the same, would be the best for you to party.

For you new people who interested to join us, grab the game and get started by making your character first then post your character name here or pm me. So I know who to look for.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask. :)

could you give a brief description of the classes u need? they like bards and dancers or something? also is there anyway to powerlevel low level players? game solo friendly? what else is there to do besides these castle sieges?

Basicly he can't use anyone not 40+ so you got plenty of time to learn the game.

You will most likely join a different clan for your first 305 lvls or so depending on what class you pick.

All class info and game stuff can be found at

www.lineage2.com
www.l2orphus.com
lin.warcry.com

I personally post on the first 2 sites.. Lineage2.com more so then L2 atm.

I am also on Bartz under the name OmoiKani

That's where you are wrong. Level doesn't matter. Changing clans for such reason is pretty lame to me. It's not like we'd ask your lvl 1 new character party with us go for lvl 60+ areas. You can party with other new people in the clan, or the ppl not the clan. Since is MMRPG, there are always people to party with. I know you quit several clans already. No loyality at all. :p And your reasons don't stand for me. Check out the highest area such as Dragonvalley Cave and Forbidden Gateway or Giants Cave, tell me if you see any party without people from different clans. Sure there are a few probably, but most parties are formed by the people from different clans or no clan. The idea of clan is to stick together for the events such as siege and clan war etc. Of course it's best to have daily clan hunt, and go for boss monsters sometimes. Which requires to have lots of active members in the clan so can always have enough people to form good parties. Which usually don't happen to most clans. :) Unless the clan is formed by a bunch of real life friends who live very close at the same time zone. The only clan like that I know is Dragonknight, a korean clan which made of the people from working for the same company. So they are in the same time zone and have the same free time.

The reason I want new people is because there are barely any clanless high lvls. Have to look into new people. Yes I want to have daily clan hunt just among our clan if possible. Which is why we need more ppl. I can wait them to lvl up from 1 :)

Lusankya said:
Basicly he can't use anyone not 40+ so you got plenty of time to learn the game.

You will most likely join a different clan for your first 305 lvls or so depending on what class you pick.

All class info and game stuff can be found at

www.lineage2.com
www.l2orphus.com
lin.warcry.com

I personally post on the first 2 sites.. Lineage2.com more so then L2 atm.

I am also on Bartz under the name OmoiKani

Last edited:
Bad move try to ruin my recuriting. Every game has ppl like it or dislike it. Don't like it, then don't play. Let the people judge the games by themselves. No need to ruin my recuriting here.

Btw I guess you haven't played WoW yet. From what I saw, it looks so much worse in graphic. And someone who is lvl 55 in WoW said he has nothing to do besides going for lvl 60.

Banyan said:
wow should be out soon and eq2 is out 11-8, if i were u i wouldn't waste the $$. this game was completely infested with morons and bots in the last stages of beta. if it weren't for them and there was better questing etc i would be playing it right now.

Last edited:
El-Scotto said:
could you give a brief description of the classes u need? they like bards and dancers or something? also is there anyway to powerlevel low level players? game solo friendly? what else is there to do besides these castle sieges?

oops sorry didn't notice your post lol.

Well in my first post, I've stated the function of each classes we need.

Elf swordsinger and dark elf bladedancer are both knight class fight with melee. Both should use a sword or dual swords. It's just they have those cool buffs that can buff the whole party which make them are both very needed.

Warcryer, prophet, bishop, elf & dark elf elders are all mage classes. Warcryer, prophet can wear heavy armor instead of mage armor and both can use a melee weapon, such as dual swords which is most common. Thought I saw de elder wear light armor instead of mage armor.

Solo is ok if you have good equipments for your lvl and the monsters you fight with, but I recommend you party with people if you are a melee class. The mages listed above can solo the way to 20 no problem since you get quite powerful spells for low lvl mobs, 1 hit in most cases, with spiritshots(x1.5 damage) or bless spiritshots(x2 damage) the monsters are your lvl won't be able to handle 1 spell. At lvl 20+, you should be partying. For fighters, a bow should be easier to lvl because you can hit and run, hit and run until the monster is dead. You can try to use a bow to lvl until lvl 20 after class change since your weapon mastery is going to be swords etc.

Castle siege is one of the most fun thing to do. You can also pvp in other time but there is a penalty if you kill someone who didn't fight back, you'll turn to red and if someone kills you, you'll drop item with very high rate up to 5 items each death. Siege pvp death only lose 1% xp per death, no item drop. While normal death will have higher xp lose and item drop chance. There is this biggest boss monster earth dragon Antharas never being beaten before in NA. I can't wait the day to have enough people on NA server lvl to high enough and gather one army to meet Antharas.(the first story I heard about Antharas was 200+ korean players on korean server all lvl 50+ tried to kill Antharas but failed) There are also other boss monsters, but none is nearly as powerful as antharas and all had being beaten many times. Aden is the last castle hasn't being taken yet. It's just so much fun to fight a "battle". To me, being high lvl and with all the high end craft/drop only items..to be cool, is fun to me already. :) (lots of high end items can't be bought from NPC shops, they can only be crafted if you gather the item parts and materials, or if you are lucky get them from drops of monsters)

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot of a dark elf bladedancer from our own alliance
bladedancer.jpg

And here is a screenshot of an elf swordsinger. Computerz is the highest swordsinger on Bartz.
swordsinger.jpg

These two classes both are knight classes. Fight with melee weapon. Swordsinger's 3 most useful songs, song of hunter(double critical chance), song of earth(increase physcial defense by 15% or so), song of water(increase evasion by 15% or so much harder to get hit with it). Bladedancer's buff can increase up to 500 more damage when critical hits. The buffs from both classes buff the entire party at once. Which is why they are very needed.

Here is a link to what race/class to which new classes
http://www.l2orphus.com/skills.php

Last edited:
I think something that anybody starting from scratch should know, is that this is a hard core power gamers game. To be of a useful level for 18's clan you will probably need to take a few months to level your character. That is, if you're a normal human. It will be a horribly long, tedious treadmill of a grind.

I'm curious why you were chosen to be leader 18? I don't recall silver rangers being good at taking hits, and I know you need to take some hits to secure a castle.

About WoW, take your own advice. You haven't played it either, so stop speculating on screenshots, and random "friends" information.

Good luck with your clan =)

Why would clan leader needs to be hit? LOL. Last siege at Giran I was only killed twice while finished off tons enemies. I was in one archer group with swordsinger and prophet, no bladedancer :( I was doing 900+ damage each hit. As an archer, I don't go take the hits. You obviously don't have the experience from siege. At siege, if you are hit, just run until the one who targeted you being killed by your allies or backed off. Then wait for chance target the enemy who are away from their group.

BTW, my lvl 60 silver ranger has a p.def of 675 self buffed. It can be 750+ with swordsinger's song of earth. And I can make a good evasion tank with swordsinger's song of water since I am an evasion light armor class.

And yes I stated this is a game that is for hardcore only. I mentioned it's going to be hard to lvl, and to earn everything. Check my first post. :)

The reason I stated what I heard about WoW is because someone tried to convice people that WoW is a better choice.

Please understand, anything negative you say here will only make it harder for me to recuiting if people actually listened to you without trying for themselves.

Last edited:
rugbyroy said:
I'm not trying to be negative, I just think that many people don't know what you expect from them.

I thought I stated pretty clearly in the first post.

Need the specific classes on the list. Very active with lots of free time, 25+ hours per week at least online time. Willing to take hardship to lvl up and upgrade equipments. Stick together with the clan. Very motivated in events such as hunt with clan and join every siege that the clan involves. And loyal to the clan, help the clanmates when they are in trouble. :)

Maybe I should post clan policy here too in a few simpe words. The clan name is "Noble" Vanguards. So please act high and mighty at least in the game. :p

I just started playing this game about a week ago, and I'm already level 21 DE assassin, I started my char on devianne though, which is an underdeveloped server comapred to bartz, but many of the bots/farmers were banned recently, and the community is shaping up nicely.Only 2 castles have been taken, and people are just escaping the c grade equiptment. There are roughly 5 alliances of equal power, and things look to be heating up in the coming weeks. I play on Devianne with a buddy of mine from swg(I was woboi on scylla and he was fury darkcloud). I really like this game, but I also ahve alot of time to devote to it.

Back