• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[LIVE] - Q6600 + P5Q-E + DICE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
[LIVE] - Q6600 + P5Q-E + DICE --- DONE

Gonna take my newly acquired Q6600 under for some DICE fun tonight...

LS is off.... I will update here with results once I'm done in about an hour or so...

:salute:

Last edited:
LS is off, but I'm still going... have some nice results so far and I still have a bit of DICE left so I'm gonna spend it trying to better some of the scroes on the short benches...

One thing is for sure.... This chip is in need of LN2 again...

:thup:

And tonight's take:

CPUz Max Validation: 4760MHz - 21.5 Points

WPrime32: 8.890 Seconds - 22.6 Points

Wprime 1024: 4m 54s 265ms - 20.1 Points

Spi 1M: 10.969 Seconds - 20.8 Points

Spi 32M: 12m 5x 266ms - 9.3 Points

PiFast: 20.67 Seconds - 17 Points

Total Points for the night: 111.3

The goal for tonight was to get 100 points out of this chip and that was achieved and surpassed...

My work here is done...

:salute:

Sebastian

PS: Tonight's session moves me over 300 points total and up to the 22nd spot in the team!

I AM HAPPY!!!!!!

Great results man.:thup: under ln2, i could maybe see 5ghz if the board can push that fsb on a quad, and the 1.6v is actual (for the 4.7 valid).

Great results man.:thup: under ln2, i could maybe see 5ghz if the board can push that fsb on a quad, and the 1.6v is actual (for the 4.7 valid).

Thanks my man... It was a fun session for sure.

I got off to a bumpy start and spent about an hour fighting the chip until I decided to dial back the voltages and she started to give up the scores...
I started the chip in the high 1.6 VCore (1.65V in BIOS would give me 1.720V in OS)... It completed two or three runs of WPrime32 at those voltages and then started crashing no matter what FSB I set it to... Crashed all the way down to below 500 at those voltages. I thought for sure I had a "degraded" chip... But before giving up; I decided to give it one more try and went to BIOS and set all voltages to Auto and started raising FSB only... Got to 500 and VCore in OS was 1.4975V and it ran WPrim32 there without a problem. So I went back to BIOS and started tweaking voltages and FSB having the previous VCore as a baseline. That's how I got done with all my scores for the night.

And the 1.616V for the CPUz validation was actually 1.55V in BIOS. This board is a bit generous when applying voltages.

I am definitely going to keep this chip for when I make the move to LN2... And I have a REX on RMA right now with ASUS. I still don't know if they are going to fix that one and send it back to me, or if they will send me something else. But it would be nice to have a REX so I can push this chip and any other quads I get in the future.

:)

Sebas

MOAR VOLTS!!!! 1.8 at least....Stop babying it. But that is good. but hit that thing with some real volts. It'll take it..

Nice work!

I hope I can pull out some boints like that with my first trial of DICE once I get my pot/etc in!

Good work sebas! You need more32m tweaking though, painful as that may be. (I do too....)

Sweet man, might come and watch again sometime soon.

Cheers,
Mark

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching one of them sesssions... Mine tend to be very quiet since I don't do much in the way of talking... but one of Dolk's, or one of Bobnova's should be quite entertaining.

MOAR VOLTS!!!! 1.8 at least....Stop babying it. But that is good. but hit that thing with some real volts. It'll take it..

Hmm.... Let's see. I started her up and 1.720V... It ran there for five minutes and started crashing. I kept on raising volts until I got to 1.795V and at those voltages it would not even hold inside OS for more than 5 seconds at any FSB from 500 to 475... But once I backed down on the voltages; it started behaving and let me do my benching. This chip may need to be under LN2 in order to take that kind of voltage.

Nice work!

I hope I can pull out some boints like that with my first trial of DICE once I get my pot/etc in!

I'm sure you will.... :thup:

Good work sebas! You need more32m tweaking though, painful as that may be. (I do too....)

LOL... Yep. That time was the only one from the lot that I only ran once and moved on.... Wating 10+ minutes for a bench to finish so I can see if my tweaks worked is not something I want to do too much off, but I guess it just needs to be done like with any other bench. Maybe I'll buy some DICE tonite and spend it all tweaking SPi32M...

Exactly my thinking! LOL. It took me two 6-hour DIce sessions to a. find the max clocks for my 920, and b. actually tune for 32M. It takes a lot of time to get 32M right, but once you do, a majority of tweaks carry over from system to system.

Hmm.... Let's see. I started her up and 1.720V... It ran there for five minutes and started crashing. I kept on raising volts until I got to 1.795V and at those voltages it would not even hold inside OS for more than 5 seconds at any FSB from 500 to 475... But once I backed down on the voltages; it started behaving and let me do my benching. This chip may need to be under LN2 in order to take that kind of voltage.

Great work man! Fun isn't it.

Just cause you're cold doesn't mean you should start at 11 :). I like to start at like 1.5v and run wprime32m and spi1m. Raise the bclk in windows a few notches. Rerun the quick benches. Repeat till the benches or windows crashes. Go in the bios and bump up the volts like .05, and set the bclk to where I was in windows. Rinse and repeat until the chip stops scaling with voltage or the board gets pissed and stops posting (clear cmos ftw).

C2D chips are tough and can take over 1.65v no problem. I've yet to kill one on dice. My mobo is usually the problem.

Great work Seba :thup:

Looks like we split the benches, 3 for me and 3 for you, even though you weren't as cold.

On the cascade, I can rarely POST with vcore in the 1.7-1.8v range. I first noticed this on the Q6600, then it also trickled down into the E6xxx chips as well. In all cases, lowering the vcore got me higher clocks and more stability. Around 1.65v was the sweet spot for almost all my Conroe based chips. Even if I tried upping only the vcore to 1.7+ on settings that were benchable with 1.65, I would get instability or most of the time not POST. So, more cold may not help with the voltage since I was around -104C loaded.

Also, I believe Wega! was having the same results on DICE.

Well, you totally hit your goal for the night. 100 points :) Good job man! Can't wait to get my hands on 775.

Is the chip still alive?

Hell yeah... Chip is still alive.

Excellent work Sebas!

:thup:

Great work man! Fun isn't it.

Just cause you're cold doesn't mean you should start at 11 :). I like to start at like 1.5v and run wprime32m and spi1m. Raise the bclk in windows a few notches. Rerun the quick benches. Repeat till the benches or windows crashes. Go in the bios and bump up the volts like .05, and set the bclk to where I was in windows. Rinse and repeat until the chip stops scaling with voltage or the board gets pissed and stops posting (clear cmos ftw).

C2D chips are tough and can take over 1.65v no problem. I've yet to kill one on dice. My mobo is usually the problem.

I found that out last nite... tried to go up to max from the get go and the chip quickly showed me that I needed to slow down a bit... :)

Great work Seba :thup:

Looks like we split the benches, 3 for me and 3 for you, even though you weren't as cold.

On the cascade, I can rarely POST with vcore in the 1.7-1.8v range. I first noticed this on the Q6600, then it also trickled down into the E6xxx chips as well. In all cases, lowering the vcore got me higher clocks and more stability. Around 1.65v was the sweet spot for almost all my Conroe based chips. Even if I tried upping only the vcore to 1.7+ on settings that were benchable with 1.65, I would get instability or most of the time not POST. So, more cold may not help with the voltage since I was around -104C loaded.

Also, I believe Wega! was having the same results on DICE.

I was very satisfied with the results for sure... Even thinking about getting some more DICE and spending a couple hours tweaking SPi32M tonite... That was the once bench I ran only once last nite.

Really? Could it be the boards you guys are using? On ln2 around -125*C my q6600 scaled to 1.8 vcore, on dice my e6600 scaled to 1.9, and on dice my e6400 scaled to 1.75.:shrug: The q6600 was on my ep45-ud3p and the e6600 and e6400 were on my p5e3 premium.

Hell yeah... Chip is still alive.

You know what that means; ln2 for it.:D

Really? Could it be the boards you guys are using? On ln2 around -125*C my q6600 scaled to 1.8 vcore, on dice my e6600 scaled to 1.9, and on dice my e6400 scaled to 1.75.:shrug: The q6600 was on my ep45-ud3p and the e6600 and e6400 were on my p5e3 premium.

Wega! and I were using Rampage Extremes.

Back