• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[LIVE] - Q6600 + P5Q-E + DICE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPDATE

Turns out my session a couple nights ago was done on a horrible mount of the pot. Temps were all over the place... So tonight I decided to give it another go...

Results from tonight's attempt:

SPi32M: 11m 37s 922ms --> This was an improvement from 12m 5s 266ms and from 9 points to 14.9 so a good jump.

Wprime32: 8.688 --> Improved from 8.890. Only a 1 point improvement here, but still... And I beat Brollocks and Miahallen with the chip.... :sn:

Spi1M: 10.843 --> Improved from 10.969. Went from 20.8 points to 21.9 and every little bit helps. :)

I will say one thing... This chip is not going to get sold any time soon. I am holding on to it for when I make the jump on LN2. :thup:

Sebas

On the cascade, I can rarely POST with vcore in the 1.7-1.8v range. I first noticed this on the Q6600, then it also trickled down into the E6xxx chips as well. In all cases, lowering the vcore got me higher clocks and more stability. Around 1.65v was the sweet spot for almost all my Conroe based chips. Even if I tried upping only the vcore to 1.7+ on settings that were benchable with 1.65, I would get instability or most of the time not POST. So, more cold may not help with the voltage since I was around -104C loaded.

Also, I believe Wega! was having the same results on DICE.

Yes I had similar results on a Q9550. On dual cores, I've been able to go much higher with voltage though, but it's rare that it scales well. Normally I dont get much out of going over 1.7V-1.75V.
I havent done any quads since, but I've just got a Q6600 and I still havent diced my QX, so I will see if the problem the same with them.

Funny thing with my Q6600, or it may be that I'm running it on a board more suited for C2D chips... But it would not like anything past 1.696 VCore (1.65V in BIOS)... And it did not need more than 1.592 (1.525 in BIOS) to be able to finish SPi32M at 525FSB. Actually tried higher volts to see if it would complete at higher FSB and all attempts ended up with either BSOD or reboot.
This chip makes me wish my REX hadn't gotten K.I.A... I so hope Asus sends me a REX back instead of "upgrading" me.

Back