• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G5,G7 vs Razer Copperhead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amd64crazy07

Ok so I am really just unsure which to purchase.:confused:

Both the Logitech and Razer have 2000 dpi and Laser guided.

The G5/G7 is:
Tracking Resolution: 2000/800/400 dpi (user selectable)
Image Processing: 6.4 megapixels/second
Max. Acceleration: 20g
Max. Speed: 45—65 inches/second (depending on surface
USB Data Format: 16 bits/axis
USB Report Rate: 500 reports/second
Sleep Mode: Disabled
On-the-fly Sensitivity Switching: Provides instant access to 3 sensitivity levels — 400 dpi, 1200 dpi, and 2000 dpi — before driver installation
An ultra-high resolution engine churns images at an astounding 6.4 megapixels per second
A massive (30-pixel by 30-pixel) sensor array and precision laser technology provides best-in-class performance and tracking
8x faster than conventional mice
Adjustable Weight Cartridge: Use 38 grams of adjustable weights to tune the balance and heft of the G5 for the control you need to dominate the competition
Polytetrafluoroethylene gaming feet

The Razer is:
2000 DPI Laser Engine Powered by Razer Precision
1000 Hz Ultrapolling with 1 ms response time as compared with 125Hz/8 ms response time used by other conventional gaming mice
32KB Onboard Memory Powered by Razer Synapse
Up to 3 customizable weight standards and optional dummy buttons
Zero-Acoustic Ultraslick Teflon feet
16 bit data path, as compared to 8 bit and 12 bit data paths used by other conventional mice
High speed motion detection, up to 45ips and 20g / Over 7080 frames per second
Always-On mode pioneered by Razer - the laser engine sensor never powers down to provide instantaneous response at all times during gameplay
Award winning Razer drivers featuring On-the-Fly Sensitivity DPI adjustment pioneered by Razer
GlowPipe non-slip side rails
Ergonomic ambidextrous design
Ultra large non-slip rubber coated mouse buttons

Now im looking for the best response, accuracy, and quality.:beer:

And if the Logitech seems better than the razer....would wireless (G7) drop in response time?

Thanks,
Brandon F.

Sry for so much info^^

This is posted in the wrong section this section is just to talk about retailers and there practices.

However, I personally like the G5 laser mouse which I purchased last week at best buy. You should go to your local BB and see how both mice feel in your hands and pick the mouse based on comfort. If the sale is still going on the G5 is $35 and the Razorhead is $40. Each mouse is extremely accurate and I like the on the fly speed change with the G5 along with the adjustable weights (mines heavy). However some people miss having two programmable buttons along the side. Either mouse you can't go wrong. I would stay away from the G7 and wireless combos unless being used for average computing or multimedia computers.

Id say go with logitech, because both razor diamondbacks that i owned stop working

one last 3 months, the second one lasted only 2. Admitedly im a gamer, but i wasn't bashing them around or anything, they would just stop responding and all the lights woould go off.

you have to unplug it from usb and plug back in to get your mouse back, let me just say when your dueling someone in ut2k4 and that **** happens its not cool.

i have a g5 and have never looked back ;)

(if your a FPS player my advice is stay away from g7's wireless just cant compete with wired IMO)

i own both, the RAzor is faster, and smoother. I like the razor, but i used the g5 for around 5 months b4 i switched... and its soo tru FPS+wireless= bad. I dont care what anyone says about the NEWEST tech best G7 in the world there is still a delay and possibility of interferences.

It gets even more complicated, Razor just released a new mouse today called the Death Adder. XS did a comprehensive review of one today. This review convinced me this is the mouse for me.

I really like Logitech's MX5xx series myself, but this Death Adder to me is the best of all worlds, its shaped like a Logitech, has the two thumb buttons that are ergonomic, has anti slip grip over the entire mouse. Being that I don't care if it's cordless, this mouse looks like it will be a winner for me.

I'm getting one soon as I can find one at a vendor like Newegg.

Silversinksam said:
It gets even more complicated, Razor just released a new mouse today called the Death Adder. XS did a comprehensive review of one today. This review convinced me this is the mouse for me.

I really like Logitech's MX5xx series myself, but this Death Adder to me is the best of all worlds, its shaped like a Logitech, has the two thumb buttons that are ergonomic, has anti slip grip over the entire mouse. Being that I don't care if it's cordless, this mouse looks like it will be a winner for me.

I'm getting one soon as I can find one at a vendor like Newegg.

it looks to be around the same size as a G5 or close to. I dont really like the Brick mouse design or size. The G5 does have the weight system which is really nice. Also i like the shape of the copperhead, it allows for a tight control compared to the normal design.

I had some of the Razor Boomslangs and they always felt cheap to me. The quality wasn't there.The boomslangs had problems with drivers and needing to be unplugged and plugged back in that I have just avoided them. I have NOT tested or used one of their newer products but I hope they have fixed the issues people were having.
I do have a G5 and couldn't be happier with it. The first one I had did go bad on me, but Logitech's support hit the mark with replacing it with no hassles.

I know a lot of people gripe about the missing button on the side but it hasn't bothered me. I only play FPS so I only need the left click. :) What I did for web surfing was changed the side scroll button to forward. I actually like it better.

I was really unsure where to put this...But thanks for the suggestions...helped me out alot....ill most likely be going with the G5.

squashfx said:
get the g5, i myself would hate to be in game and me having a g7 and my batteries in my mouse die..
lol, the only way the G7's battery will die during a gaming session is if you happen to be playing for an excessive amount of time... as in more than 6-8 hours.

Burnout01 said:
I had some of the Razor Boomslangs and they always felt cheap to me. The quality wasn't there.The boomslangs had problems with drivers and needing to be unplugged and plugged back in that I have just avoided them. I have NOT tested or used one of their newer products but I hope they have fixed the issues people were having.
I do have a G5 and couldn't be happier with it. The first one I had did go bad on me, but Logitech's support hit the mark with replacing it with no hassles.

I know a lot of people gripe about the missing button on the side but it hasn't bothered me. I only play FPS so I only need the left click. :) What I did for web surfing was changed the side scroll button to forward. I actually like it better.

The Boomslang was like 5 years ago, I had several of them and they were built like a turd. Razor itself I believe changed ownership and then they started producing Mice that were built much better.

This new Razor death adder is a change in their design, no longer is it an ambidextrous design. Not to thrilled about the msrp of $59.99, but I'm still going to get one. I like the two thumb buttons for gaming, and I especially like the fact that the entire top of the mouse is that non slip rubber.

the new razer death adder is only 1800dpi....hmmm i guess not to much difference from the older copperhead and G5 being 2000dpi??

Could someone tell me what acceleration, frames per second and sensor array means? Perhaps someone could create an FAQ on what these terms mean :).

Back