• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lolz @ 240.96 CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
62dBa not bad LOL

I drink too much to have things like that around me... look stupid with no fingers.

note. unless I missed water cooled fan, I think you may have come to the wrong table with this one :)

Last edited:
lol am getting similar one 220 cfm :D , just couse i want it , il run it @ 7 volts i hope it will be enough to come down the beast , most fan controllers wont even handle it,the thing is rated at 30 watts or so , i will turn it back to 12 volts whenever i need to scare the burglars o_O

Most radiators don't need anywhere near that amount of airflow to perform well. Even high fin count ones don't need this much. Plus 62dB, good god that's a lot of noise for one fan.

these have been out for years, still have the 220CFM Delta I used on a direct die pelt setup from many years back....yes, it worked, cooled a P4 2.4 clocked to 3.6gig to about 1*c at idle with a custom extraction setup....

however, if you value your hearing you will just look at this fan with amusement, and, because of their enormous power and RPM's, they need to be handled with care....even if holding on to one tightly the torque thrown off at startup can make the fan fly out of the hand and they are hugely dangerous to accidential fingertip accidents....

however, when it comes to cooling they do work, earplugs are definately a requirement....BTW, since they are such a high output fan, it may not even startup @7volts, I seem to remember I needed a minimum of 8+ volts to get it to startup....normal fan controllers will burn up in a few minutes with this monster....an adjustable PS (Meanwell) would be the way to go....

laterzzzzzz..................

LOL

well once i find the right one from work i will eventually strap one of these to my rads... how does 2700CFM sound???

http://www.drillspot.com/products/46248/Dayton_5C197_Furnace_Blower

those guys look a little expensive. Does more air at the same ambient temp equal better cooling? I think a blower fan from Wal-Mart or Home Depot would be as effective and allot cheaper. My experience is those guys will move allot of air, but they also get pretty hot. In a small room you could actually raise your ambient tempature. (before your ac kicks on). Also make sure the air pressure doesn't block the ac vent. Those guys can easily overpower some household ac's. Just some thoughts. although on low settings they work great, they still get hot. Of course using one thats not clogged with sawdust might make it run cooler...

I'm actually planning on using a air-purifier that uses a strong blower fan so I can filter out the dust. If I angle that guy wrong it will block the air from coming out my ac vent. My room gets hot fast like that.

those guys look a little expensive. Does more air at the same ambient temp equal better cooling? I think a blower fan from Wal-Mart or Home Depot would be as effective and allot cheaper. My experience is those guys will move allot of air, but they also get pretty hot. In a small room you could actually raise your ambient tempature. (before your ac kicks on). Also make sure the air pressure doesn't block the ac vent. Those guys can easily overpower some household ac's. Just some thoughts. although on low settings they work great, they still get hot. Of course using one thats not clogged with sawdust might make it run cooler...

I'm actually planning on using a air-purifier that uses a strong blower fan so I can filter out the dust. If I angle that guy wrong it will block the air from coming out my ac vent. My room gets hot fast like that.

i would get it for free as i do hvac work so i can just take it out of a old furnace. it would just be for benchs.

I've got 2 of these in my dual loop setup. Yep. Well... not so much for the cooling, more for the fact that it drowns out the wife. Yep, a cool PC & a steaming ****ed wife. Life is good.

pictures please!

pictures please!

Doubt his wife wants to submit a photo.

Q. Is this modding going to cost more than better hardware?

I love practical... someone shout `diggr` over (this could get intresting)

how about a big duct in and out the house, just sit the naked PC in the middle and blow your mind.

maybe the next gen GPU`s will come with a couple stuck on anyhow.

lol, i meant the setup... i guess i'm a geek wanting to see that before a girl haha. though i won't not look at submitted pictures.

I got on of them and been wanted to us it but its just got a 2 lead wire on it so it hasn't made it in my setup, I do also got both AFB1212VHE & WFB1212HH rig but the are just 120ish CFM I believe......

i would get it for free as i do hvac work so i can just take it out of a old furnace. it would just be for benchs.

pictures please!

TWO!? yes could we see pictures. that sounds ... impressive. Do they not get hot? You guys are so awesome. I wanna mod....

I love practical... someone shout `diggr` over (this could get intresting)

I almost did put a furnace blower on my truck rad that cooled my 3000+. It's a little bigger than the one posted, and uses a belt drive with a full sized 1/2 Horsepower motor mounted outside the housing instead.

I used 4 Sanyo Denki 120mm fans, 200 CFM each @ 59dB. Using them in a pull configuration let me mount a 16 x 20 3M brand furnace filter on the radiator.
It was remote mounted in the basement, so noise didn't matter, but I could still hear them at my desk upstairs anyway!
4 x 59dB is what, 65 dB? :screwy:

I permanently installed the blower to vent the peak of my workshop on hot summer days, or while painting.

Last edited:
What's the diff. between this one and this?

I think the first one doesn't have crossfins.

I have one of those deltas (Not sure which one, but 200+ CFM for sure) and by god it is loud. If those blowers weren't so silly expensive then I might look into one.

We need a delta fan club. :)

Wow! Why doesn't anyone use these bad boys on their rads?

Maybe because the goal of water cooling is to get lower temps with lower noise, not strap a jet engine to it. Or at least that's what I got from it lol.

Back