• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking For A Good Temp Monitor Gadget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmptySoul

Registered
Hi...

I am looking for a good Windows Desktop Gadget for monitoring my CPU temps...

I have CPUID HWMonitor installed and the temperatures that shows look believable, but I want one were I can monitor without having to open up specific programs.

I'm currently using one called "Core Temp" but I do not really trust the results.

According to the "Core Temp" gadget...

When Gaming = 35-40 degrees
Watching A Film = 25-30 degrees
Browsing Internet = 10-15 degrees
Idle = 1-2 degress!!!

As I am using the stock heat sink that came with my AMD FX-4170 I refuse to believe that my core temperature is one degree above freezing lol

So does anyone use any monitoring desktop gadgets that they can recommend?

Thanks

The standard around most forums is HWMonitor or CoreTemp. As most will also tell yopu, with the FX chips idle temps are wrong and not to be concerned with those. Also FX chips don't always show correctly with any monitor. Keep an eye on your package and socket temps. And stay below 60 and 70 on those.

The standard around most forums is HWMonitor or CoreTemp. As most will also tell yopu, with the FX chips idle temps are wrong and not to be concerned with those. Also FX chips don't always show correctly with any monitor. Keep an eye on your package and socket temps. And stay below 60 and 70 on those.

This^^^ the Fx processors temperature sensors are more accurate above 40c from what I've seen.

CoreTemp is the one I am using but I didn't know about the Idle temps usually showing up wrong so thanks :)

Also how can you keep an eye on socket Temps? Is that only with certain motherboards?

Don't worry about that. Coretemps is the one you want to monitor.

If you MUST monitor temps of any dort outside of what's on your screen (LOL EDIT sort), get a fan controller with probes and figure out the diff temps etc.

Aquaro (brand) has good starter kits that can do all sorts of bling for about barely under $100.

Back