• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a link

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
There's a site out there somewhere that lets you plug in the type of chip you're using, the voltage you set it to and the overclock you set it to and as a result will tell you how many watts of heat your cpu will put out under that specific setup. Anyone know the link to that site?

I'm looking for the link so I can pass it off to a friend who's making some poor choices in selecting watercooling components. Having the link would be better than just the equation because (if my memory serves me correctly) the link I'm thinking of has not just the facts but explains the hows and whys of the equations. He should really see the facts on just what kind of heat he has to deal with and what he needs to properly deal with it. He says he's not going to OC much but I still think he needs to take a look at what he's bitten off.

Thanks, I've passed the link on. Hopefully it'll help him appreciate the magnitude of what he's got to deal with.

I've taken the wind out of his sails after he saw the first link. Hopefully this more updated one won't break his desire entirely.

Back