• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a solid z77 board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lysolabuser

Registered
Hey guys im looking to buy a z77 board... Which one is the best overclocking? Mostly I'm building the computer for gaming/live streaming... I'm not an expert overclocker by any means so I will probably only go to 4.5ghz, Ive used the ASUS uefi and it allows for such easy overclocking so i do like those boards. My budget is 200 to 300$. Which is the best z77 board I can get for that price? Right now I have a 2600k but I'm planning to upgrade in 1 month or so to the 3770k.

It might sounds like a very stupid question but i know that some boards have the reset cmos/bios thing on the outside... ive seen some come with USB ports that say "flashback" how does that work?

Last edited:
Asrock extreme 4 or 6 will get the job done for less money. Uefi is not exclusive of asus so you will find something similar in the Asrock as well.

I haven't seen the flashback button but if it is related to the bios, I'm sure it is an easy way to get back to the previous state of your bios config in case you screwed it up with the oc setting and the system doesn't boot at all. If you only need to get to 4.5 you don't need many advanced features.

Don't bother upgrading from a 2600K to a 3770K. There's nearly zero performance difference. The 3770K is like 3-5% faster, but since the 2600K runs cooler, you can OC it farther on the same cooling, which makes up the difference.

The only benefit I can think of is PCIe 3.0, but video cards aren't even as fast as PCIe 2.0 yet.

I recently bought an MSI Z77A-GD65 and am VERY happy with it. Took my 2500K higher than my previous Gigabyte mobo could. Got it to 4.7 easy.

Back